[sip-comm-dev] Adding a group problem

Hi Damian,

I was testing these days the "add contact" process and I have something that seems to be a problem coming from joustsim. I know the you have the sources and you could debug that and that's why I'm addressing to you. Could you please check what happens if we try to create on the server a group, which is already there. The problem is that in some cases the createGroup operation fails and I found out that this happens in all cases where the group I'm trying to create has the same name as a group already existing on the server (in the GUI we could have different meta groups with the same name). In such a case no event comes for the ServerStoredGroupListener. Could you please have a look?

Regards,
Yana

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi,

The result is that a warning internally in the joustsim is logged that this ID is already taken. (that a group already exist).
This can be cached by adding GlobalResponseListener to the snac processor and some kind of event can be fired by providing
that a group/buddy already exist and the name of the item. This is the information that can be provided : name of the item and the type of the item.
May be a subscription failed event to be fired, I don't know. What you think? But in SubscriptionEvent we cannot put information like type and name.

damencho

Yana Stamcheva wrote:

···

Hi Damian,

I was testing these days the "add contact" process and I have something that seems to be a problem coming from joustsim. I know the you have the sources and you could debug that and that's why I'm addressing to you. Could you please check what happens if we try to create on the server a group, which is already there. The problem is that in some cases the createGroup operation fails and I found out that this happens in all cases where the group I'm trying to create has the same name as a group already existing on the server (in the GUI we could have different meta groups with the same name). In such a case no event comes for the ServerStoredGroupListener. Could you please have a look?

Regards,
Yana

Hello Damian, Yana,

I've just added a GROUP_CREATION_FAILED_EVENT event id in ServerStoredGroupEvent. Would that do the job?

Emil

Damian Minkov wrote:

···

Hi,

The result is that a warning internally in the joustsim is logged that this ID is already taken. (that a group already exist).
This can be cached by adding GlobalResponseListener to the snac processor and some kind of event can be fired by providing
that a group/buddy already exist and the name of the item. This is the information that can be provided : name of the item and the type of the item.
May be a subscription failed event to be fired, I don't know. What you think? But in SubscriptionEvent we cannot put information like type and name.

damencho

Yana Stamcheva wrote:

Hi Damian,

Regards,
Yana