I am using the SIP Communicator pre1.0 version with Asterisk server.
I know you are not developing this version anymore, so I m not asking any bug fixing I just have a question and you can maybe give me some hint (or tell me if I m totally wrong).
It seems that the communicator does not check if the request it receives is dedicated for the current registered user ... or does it ?
As an example the following scenario :
- Open and register the SIP Communicator with user1
- Close the SIP Communicator
- Open and register the SIP Communicator with user2
- Open another softphone (XLite for example) with user3
- If user3 makes a call to user2 or user1 both calls are received by the SIP Communicator registered with user2.
So to me it seems that Asterisk keeps information about user1 and user2. user1 and user2 where registered with the same IP address. Therefore Asterisk redirects both calls to the same machine. The SIP Communicator receives the calls but it does not check that the request is meant for the current user.
Am I correct ?
Thanks for your help.
Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.