Sharing peertube on Jitsi Meet

I am working with the peertube community on this also. The capability to share either a youtube video or static file in jitsi meet does not work with peertube links, regular or embed.

An easy fix? Anyone else figure this one out?

Welcome to the forum.

What you want to do is livestream. Use your RTMP key from peertube.

I do not currently run a jibri server and live streaming is not what we are looking to do. There is a great feature in jitsi that allows you to share either a you tube video or a static file with those in the meet.

This fails with error, “please profile a correct video link”

Oh, you mean sharing a video hosted on peertube in a Jitsi meeting. Well, peertube doesn’t give you a direct video link, it gives you a link to a webpage with the video embedded. The ‘Share video’ feature in Jitsi expects a direct video link. And you don’t need to run your own jibri server to use/test the feature - it’s available at meet.jit.si.

I use meet.jitsi.si often to test features. I am glad it is there. I am chatting with the creator of peertube on git and will share this with him.

When jitsi receives a youtube link, is it a direct video link?

Will adding Webtorrent support help?

No, it uses the youtube iframe api. YouTube Player API Reference for iframe Embeds  |  YouTube IFrame Player API  |  Google Developers