Setting up jibri recording on another server

Been trying to install jitsi-meet with jibri onto my servers and have solved quite a bit of problems by searching through this forum but I’ve encountered an issue that i can’t seem to find a solution to. I have jitsi-meet installed (vanilla install, not docker) on one server (server A) and i followed this guide to install jibri through docker, to be able to create multiple jibris, on another server (server B) and configure server A to accept the jibri connection.

I decided to try to create 2 jibris first then scale up later but now even though there are jibri’s available on server B, they can’t seem to connect to server A. Here are the log from one of the jibris.

log.2.txt (73.8 KB)

After looking through the log I noticed that the jibri was unable to connect to the server A from the line:

2021-05-20 05:13:07.463 INFO: [57] org.jitsi.jibri.selenium.pageobjects.HomePage.log() Visiting url <no value (edit: took away arrow bracket as arrow brackets make the words disappear)
2021-05-20 05:13:07.465 FINE: [38] org.jitsi.xmpp.extensions.DefaultPacketExtensionProvider.parse() Could not add a provider for element busy-status from namespace http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri
2021-05-20 05:13:07.465 FINE: [38] org.jitsi.xmpp.extensions.DefaultPacketExtensionProvider.parse() Could not add a provider for element health-status from namespace http://jitsi.org/protocol/health
2021-05-20 05:13:07.481 SEVERE: [57] org.jitsi.jibri.selenium.JibriSelenium.log() An error occurred while joining the call

so i had no idea why the url that selenium was trying to visit was “<no value” but i saw this in the config.json file in the containers of the jibri. I tried to replace the config.json file with a jibri.conf file by changing the launch.sh (taking out --config “etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json”) and my jibri.yml but no luck so far as the problem persists. Below are my jibri.conf file and my jibri.yml files. Any help would be appreciated.

launch-sh.txt (168 Bytes)
jibri1-conf.txt (3.7 KB)
jibri-yml.txt (2.2 KB)

note: i installed jibri on server A using this guide and i am able to record with no issues except that i can only have 1 concurrent recording at any time on the server. So i know that the problem lies in server B.

1 Like