Separate Jibri container on separate machine is not functioning as expected

Hello , hope you guys are doing well…

I am using docker installation procedure for Jitsi set up

I have separated Jibri container on another machine

i brought up all the services up but jibri on separate machine is failing.

I assume this is because of I am not using proper environemnt variable on jibri machine to connect to the remote XMPP servers.

n.
2020-05-24 00:25:52.556 SEVERE: [19] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.log() Failed to initialize and start a MucClient:
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘xmpp.meet.jitsi:5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: xmpp.meet.jitsi: Name or service not known
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.initializeConnectAndJoin(MucClient.java:277)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.lambda$addMucClient$0(MucClientManager.java:152)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2020-05-24 00:26:22.435 WARNING: [28] org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingServerIfNecessary() XMPPConnection was not authenticated

Can someone help me here.

I tried IPaddress@XMPP server in the .env but no luck.

This is fixed

Hi, I have the same issue. Can I ask how you fixed yours?

Thanks, Nav

Are you using containers?

Can I know what set up are you dong , and what error you are receiving?

Yes, I am using containers. I’ve got jitsi-meet/prosody/jicofo/jvb running on containers in one VM and I’ve got jibri running as a container on another VM.
The error I’m getting is

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: host-unknown You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditionsstream:errorThis server does not serve auth.mydomain.com</stream:error>

You can skype me on swatikrishna1

Hi @swathikrishna_guru, I’m setting up a jitsi docker environment with two videobridge in my local computer. The basic installation is success. When I tried to add second videobridge in a separate docker-compose, I got the following error.

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘xmpp.meet.jitsi:5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: xmpp.meet.jitsi: Name or service not known
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
jvb2_1 | at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:638)
jvb2_1 | at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
jvb2_1 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Can you help me to fix this error.

Are you using two different ports for JVB?

Also I hope you have changed Jitsi domain with your own domain already. I see from the logs it is trying for jitsi domain instead of your own domain.

yes, it is running on different ports.
I setup jitsi in my local serve, I did it by following https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-docker.
After that I can browse the jitsi-meet using my server IP 192.168.3.41:8443.
Then I tried to add one more video bridge on the same server. So I created a folder and placed docker compose for jvb2 and copied primay .env file. In jvb2’s .env I changed jvb port numbers.

JVB_PORT=10001
JVB_TCP_PORT=4444
JVB_TCP_MAPPED_PORT=4444

And registered JVB2 on my primary prosody bu editing the file /etc/cont-init.d/10-config

prosodyctl --config $PROSODY_CFG register JVB2 $XMPP_AUTH_DOMAIN $JVB_AUTH_PASSWORD

When I run the docker-compose of JVB2, I’m getting the following error.

Jul 18, 2020 5:59:04 AM org.jitsi.utils.logging2.LoggerImpl log
WARNING: [MucClient id=shard hostname=xmpp.meet.jitsi] error connecting
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘xmpp.meet.jitsi:5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: xmpp.meet.jitsi
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:638)
at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My docker-compose for JVB2 is added below.

version: ‘3’
services:
jvb2:
image: jitsi/jvb:latest
restart: {RESTART_POLICY} ports: - '{JVB_PORT}:{JVB_PORT}/udp' - '{JVB_TCP_PORT}:{JVB_TCP_PORT}' volumes: - {CONFIG}/jvb:/config:Z
environment:
- DOCKER_HOST_ADDRESS
- XMPP_AUTH_DOMAIN
- XMPP_INTERNAL_MUC_DOMAIN
- XMPP_SERVER
- JVB_AUTH_USER
- JVB_AUTH_PASSWORD
- JVB_BREWERY_MUC
- JVB_PORT
- JVB_TCP_HARVESTER_DISABLED
- JVB_TCP_PORT
- JVB_STUN_SERVERS
- JVB_ENABLE_APIS
- TZ
networks:
meet.jitsi:
networks:
meet.jitsi:

I’m facing the same error in my setup. Would you mind sharing how you fixed it?

I have moved later to Kubernetes and everything running fine. I need to check how it was fixed at that time. Can you share your configuration , I can have a look.

Swathi Krishna ( skype- swatikrishna1)

Are you still facing the issues?

I actually gave up on Docker setup and opted by setting Ubuntu servers. I got my Jibri instances to connect to the MUC in the Meet server (figured out each jibri needs different nicknames + different users for it to work properly), but still facing some issues that I’m trying to figure out. Thanks for getting back in the thread so quickly though =)

I have followed another thread which actually patches jibri with another audio driver.

This enabled me scaling of jibri on same instance and no need of nicknames. It works fine for me. But this is not suggested by Jitsi.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing it! I’ll take it into consideration once I get it working. I’m still having issues with recordings with no audio. Log says clients are all muted and then ends recording. I’ll keep looking through the forum, though.