Separate Jibri container on separate machine is not functioning as expected

Hello , hope you guys are doing well…

I am using docker installation procedure for Jitsi set up

I have separated Jibri container on another machine

i brought up all the services up but jibri on separate machine is failing.

I assume this is because of I am not using proper environemnt variable on jibri machine to connect to the remote XMPP servers.

n.
2020-05-24 00:25:52.556 SEVERE: [19] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.log() Failed to initialize and start a MucClient:
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘xmpp.meet.jitsi:5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: xmpp.meet.jitsi: Name or service not known
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.initializeConnectAndJoin(MucClient.java:277)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.lambda$addMucClient$0(MucClientManager.java:152)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2020-05-24 00:26:22.435 WARNING: [28] org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingServerIfNecessary() XMPPConnection was not authenticated

Can someone help me here.

I tried IPaddress@XMPP server in the .env but no luck.

This is fixed

Hi, I have the same issue. Can I ask how you fixed yours?

Thanks, Nav

Are you using containers?

Can I know what set up are you dong , and what error you are receiving?

Yes, I am using containers. I’ve got jitsi-meet/prosody/jicofo/jvb running on containers in one VM and I’ve got jibri running as a container on another VM.
The error I’m getting is

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: host-unknown You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditionsstream:errorThis server does not serve auth.mydomain.com</stream:error>

You can skype me on swatikrishna1

Hi @swathikrishna_guru, I’m setting up a jitsi docker environment with two videobridge in my local computer. The basic installation is success. When I tried to add second videobridge in a separate docker-compose, I got the following error.

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘xmpp.meet.jitsi:5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: xmpp.meet.jitsi: Name or service not known
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
jvb2_1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
jvb2_1 | at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:638)
jvb2_1 | at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
jvb2_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
jvb2_1 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Can you help me to fix this error.

Are you using two different ports for JVB?

Also I hope you have changed Jitsi domain with your own domain already. I see from the logs it is trying for jitsi domain instead of your own domain.

yes, it is running on different ports.
I setup jitsi in my local serve, I did it by following https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-docker.
After that I can browse the jitsi-meet using my server IP 192.168.3.41:8443.
Then I tried to add one more video bridge on the same server. So I created a folder and placed docker compose for jvb2 and copied primay .env file. In jvb2’s .env I changed jvb port numbers.

JVB_PORT=10001
JVB_TCP_PORT=4444
JVB_TCP_MAPPED_PORT=4444

And registered JVB2 on my primary prosody bu editing the file /etc/cont-init.d/10-config

prosodyctl --config $PROSODY_CFG register JVB2 $XMPP_AUTH_DOMAIN $JVB_AUTH_PASSWORD

When I run the docker-compose of JVB2, I’m getting the following error.

Jul 18, 2020 5:59:04 AM org.jitsi.utils.logging2.LoggerImpl log
WARNING: [MucClient id=shard hostname=xmpp.meet.jitsi] error connecting
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘xmpp.meet.jitsi:5222’ failed because: java.net.UnknownHostException: xmpp.meet.jitsi
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:619)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:902)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:383)
at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:638)
at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My docker-compose for JVB2 is added below.

version: ‘3’
services:
jvb2:
image: jitsi/jvb:latest
restart: {RESTART_POLICY} ports: - '{JVB_PORT}:{JVB_PORT}/udp' - '{JVB_TCP_PORT}:{JVB_TCP_PORT}' volumes: - {CONFIG}/jvb:/config:Z
environment:
- DOCKER_HOST_ADDRESS
- XMPP_AUTH_DOMAIN
- XMPP_INTERNAL_MUC_DOMAIN
- XMPP_SERVER
- JVB_AUTH_USER
- JVB_AUTH_PASSWORD
- JVB_BREWERY_MUC
- JVB_PORT
- JVB_TCP_HARVESTER_DISABLED
- JVB_TCP_PORT
- JVB_STUN_SERVERS