Sed error when installing package jitsi-meet-prosody

Hi,
I am trying to set up an jitsi on a cloud server via ansible. I am using the systemli.jitsi_meet role. I know, not the right place here for problems with this. But the error I get is while apt is installing the jitsi-meet-prosody package:

Setting up jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.5056-1) ...
sed: -e expression #1, char 34: unknown option to `s'
dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet-prosody (--configure):
 installed jitsi-meet-prosody package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

I tried it on Debian 10, Ubuntu 20.04 and 18.04.
Is there anything I can do?
Best regard,
Kai

Any strange char that you input when asked for host?

No strange chars, but the interaction is turned off, since it’s an automatic installation. I installed it manually on the system and there is no problem. The apt command that is:

/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o "Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef" -o "Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold" install 'jitsi-meet' 'jitsi-meet-prosody' -o APT::Install-Recommends=no

If I run it with a “export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive” before I get the error. So the non interactive installation is the problem.

Did you set selections?

export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
debconf-set-selections <<< \
    "jicofo jitsi-videobridge/jvb-hostname string $JITSI_HOST"
debconf-set-selections <<< \
    "jitsi-meet-web-config jitsi-meet/cert-choice select Generate a new self-signed certificate (You will later get a chance to obtain a Let's encrypt certificate)"
apt-get -y --install-recommends install jitsi-meet \
    -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" \
    -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold"

I looked into the ansible role and it seems that these variables are set. I now found another role, that works much better. It basically does the same, but there it’s working. So it’s clearly not a problem with the jitsi packages.
Well, sorry for bothering you and thanks a lot for the answers. :blush:

Hi Kai, could you please share the other role you found :slight_smile: