Secure domain setup without sip-communicator

Hey fellow Jitsters,

I am setting up our first Jitsi server and would like to set up the Secure domain feature according to these instructions:

Further down it says:
" When running Jicofo, specify your main domain in an additional configuration property. Jicofo will accept conference allocation requests only from the authenticated domain. This should go in /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties ."

I searched for the specified file but did not find it. Through the forum I found out that this file has been removed and adjustments are now being made in /etc/jitsi/meet/[hostname]-config.js.

However, how do I implement this change? Are there already new instructions here?

Please excuse me, I am really a complete beginner…

it’s already in doc you shared

If you have installed Jicofo from the Debian package, this should go as a new 'authentication'
section in /etc/jitsi/jicofo/jicofo.conf
1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

You now set that in jicofo.conf:

jicofo {
  authentication: {
    enabled: true
    type: XMPP
    login-url: your.domain.com
 }
1 Like

Thank you both! As you see, I’m a real Jitsi idiot… :wink:

My jicofo.conf looks like this now:

# Jicofo HOCON configuration. See /usr/share/jicofo/jicofo.jar/reference.conf for
#available options, syntax, and default values.
jicofo {
  xmpp: {
    client: {
      client-proxy: focus.meet.mydomain.com
    }
    trusted-domains: [ "recorder.meet.mydomain.com" ]
  }
  bridge: {
    brewery-jid: "JvbBrewery@internal.auth.meet.mydomain.com"
  }
}

jicofo {
  authentication: {
    enabled: true
    type: XMPP
    login-url: meet.mydomain.com
 }

(As I turned out to be an idiot: mydomain is replaced by the name of my domain :wink: )

But I’m not getting the log in page when I use the domain address. Instead of this I’m able to create a room, but when entering it it is not being started.

There should be only one jicofo block. Add the authentication block into the main jicofo block and don’t add a new one

Thank you so much! Still an idiot, but it’s getting better each day. :wink:

1 Like