Secure Domain configuration on Debian 10

Hi all,

first of all thanks for this very cool piece of software and the work you put into it!

I followed the Quick Install Guide on a fresh Installation of Debian 10.

I’ ve run into trouble trying to configure a Secure Domain as described here:
Secure Domain Documentation

I did all the configuration changes like described, but ended up in a situation where no authentication dialogue comes up (anonymousdomain: ‘my.fqdn.tld’,) set in /etc/jitsi/meet/my.fqdn.tld-config.js or that always an authentication is required (//anonymousdomain: ‘my.fqdn.tld’,).

What i did expect is that only during the creation of a room the authentication would take place and that afterwards, users which have been given the url to the room, can connect without authentication.

After some research it turned out that the setting in /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties does not get interpreted by jicofo.

To get it working, i appended -Dorg.jitsi.jicofo.auth.URL=XMPP:my.fqdn.tld to the JAVA_SYS_PROPS Variable in /etc/jitsi/jicofo/config

After that i restarted jicofo (/etc/init.d/jicofo restart) and the Authentication started to work as expected.

It seems that there is a little Bug in the Debian Packages provided, i did not spend that much time in tracking it down, but it looks like that the init script of jicofo does not fetch the settings from /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties but i may be wrong here…

So if anyone is running in the same Issue, try to add the auth.URL into /etc/jitsi/jicofo/config instead.

thanks,

alex