Screenshare not showing for 1 participant

Hello,

We recently had an issue with one participant where he couldn’t see what was shared. When we tried the same thing on the meet.jit.si portal he saw the screenshare without issues. I’ve checked jvb, jigasi logs and couldn’t see any errors. Is there any tips in how to debug this issue or perhaps someone has experienced a similar one?

Thanks

What was the person using? A browser, mobile app? What were they seeing? Any chance your own server wass overloaded in terms of bandwidth?

Hi saghul,

Thanks for your reply. The people were using the computer with Chrome. Our server wasn’t overloaded at that time (less than 10 people using at that time). What they see is a grey background with nothing else. I also have a .har file from the time it happened and it doesn’t have any errors.

This is happening constantly for few people.

I’ll ask the rest of the team, I’m not aware of such issue, but maybe someone else is.

Thank you

Hi saghul

We managed to replicate the issue on Windows/Chrome in incognito mode (normal mode works fine)

This is the console log:

Logger.js:125 [modules/browser/BrowserCapabilities.js] : This appears to be chrome, ver: 80.0
Logger.js:125 [modules/settings/Settings.js] : DOMException: Failed to read the ‘localStorage’ property from ‘Window’: Access is denied for this document.
[…]
Logger.js:125 [modules/settings/Settings.js] <Object.get callStatsUserName [as callStatsUserName]>: generated callstats uid Hunter-as8
LocalStatsCollector.js:22 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page. https://goo.gl/7K7WLu

(anonymous) @ LocalStatsCollector.js:22

Logger.js:125 [modules/util/JitsiLocalStorage.js] <new >: DOMException: Failed to read the ‘localStorage’ property from ‘Window’: Access is denied for this document.

Logger.js:125 [react/features/local-recording/session/SessionManager.js] <Object._loadMetadata>: Failed to parse localStorage item.
i @ Logger.js:125
Logger.js:125 [react/index.web.js] <HTMLDocument.>: (TIME) document ready: 2013.0450000287965
react-dom.production.min.js:198 DOMException: Failed to read the ‘localStorage’ property from ‘Window’: Access is denied for this document.

Oops, we might not handle this correctly. I’ll take a look.

What browser version are you using?

It was Chrome 80 on Windows

I’ve tried Chrome 79 & 80 on OSX and it works fine in incognito, I think it’s just with Windows. Also Firefox Incognito seems to work fine in Windows.

Are you running any extensions? I just tested Chrome 80 on Windows 10 and can’t reproduce the problem.