Screen sharing

The first time I used jitsi I gave permission to use the microphone and the camera but when making a video call and wanting to share the screen, I gave it to reject when they asked me for permission to share the screen and now I cannot do it. I can share google chrome but when I want to share something on the desktop like an excel or word or even spotify screen I cant.

I can get it to work but … It’s like being in a lift with infinity mirrors - as good as a chocolate teapot!

. I wondered at first if it was Chromium but a work colleague who I’m in contact daily has Chrome and suffers the same issue. Tried today. I have been extolling the virtues far and wide and warning about how unsafe Zoom is in coparison but if this is an essential element, especially for business sharing their wares it is not going to go down a bundle is it? Using this in preference to WhatsApp (Security flaws with that - never had it never will use it). Because of COVID-19 lockdown this seemed the best solution when organising work between us.
For detailed information I am running Linux - FerenOS x64 bit based of Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, KDE Plasma 5.18. Chromium version is Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit). Colleague is running Windows and Chrome - not sure what release but would imagine the latest.

If you see this picture everything is ok, just minimize chrome and continue. The other side sees everything what you do on your screen in one picture.
You can connect from your phone to your videoconference, but mute the microphone and connect your headset to your phone to reduce sound noise because the sound goes around.
With this you can monitor how the sharing looks and behaves in other participants screen.
Also make sure to click in settings everyone follows me.
Hope this will help you!

Reset permissions in your browser or clean cookies than give allow permission when prompted and follow the instructions below