Screen sharing with dual head monitor setup

I teacher, serve my own Jitsi meet! As sofar only very positive reactions from my students!

At home I have a dual head monitor setup. As soon as I share the entire screen, the layouts of both monitors are shown to the students. In that case it shows minimized fonts and degraded readability.

It would be nice if I could choose only one of the two monitors but I can’t manage to restrict it to one monitor.

Is there any configuration option in Jitsi to choose one of the two monitors?

3 Likes

An option I’m trying is to use v4l2loopback with ffmepg to create a virtual cam so it can be used. As now I have some issues I didn’t resolve yet:
It doesn’t work on Chrome/Chromium.
It does work on Firefox but I don’t know how to control the aspect, it shown as it were a smartphone camera and not a screen.

Alternatively, if using Windows, OBS with a plugin called OBS-virtual-cam can be used to achieve it, but I don’t use Windows so I can’t test it.

Anyway, if someone has some more info about this, I’ll continue my tests and share them here if I found something reliable.

2 Likes

I think Zoom’s Side-by-side does a reasonable implementation of this. It allows the presenter the ability to see participants.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004802843-Side-by-side-Mode-for-screen-sharing#:~:text=Viewing%20a%20shared%20screen%20in%20Side-by-side%20Mode,will%20appear%20on%20the%20right.