Scaling VideoBrigde - non-standard issue

Hello there.

Actually i have two virtual machines with docker installation. In one i have web, prosody and jicofo and jvb on the second one.

I’ve planning to scale and HA videobrigdes … i read a lot of topics about it, but i my case there is problem - i want to balance conferences from publics IP to videobrigde one. All conferences from our internal company IP to another. What’s the reason of this idea? We want too use jitsi mostly to communicate between us, but sometimes - we want to communicate with clients.

Can someone tell mee did you have any ideas? Is this possible?

I was thiking to use OCTO feature, i know that this feature have other purpose, but communication between jvb is maybe crucial in this case.

Second idea is to use haproxy, but i don’t know what to balancer, which url’s to redirect…

I’m curious of your’s idea, especiialy from developers (boris, or another…)

Hi Marcin,

Apologies for the late response.

You can achieve what you are describing with Octo by setting up two
regions – one internal and one external. I don’t understand why you
would add this extra complexity just so separate users though. Perhaps
you have some extra requirements, like preventing outside users from
creating conferences, which would not be satisfied with this approach.

Boris

Yep. I have extraordinary case, it’s depends on network guys in my very big company (5-6k employees). Also you have right telling about preventing guest/other users to create conference ( security reasons… but i acheive this by using auth with tokens and this is working).

The main problem is network problem, so i looking a solution stabilize the streaming connection thorught the videobrigdes (p2p works fine, but main problem is when 5-6 are working and network is not good).

I have spoken with network guys and there is posiblity to have other physical netowrk devices or other network devices (even virtual) but only in local company network…so, i want one brigde to “other/guest/clients” and more videobriges in local network. I hope u will know understand. I will try to configure this by using with OCTO. But can you tell me how will local videobriges communicate with one brigde with public IP(external), i assume that they must have IPs in same network (subnet, i think cane be diffrent)

You need a secure network between the bridges for Octo. Have you considered running completely separate environments for your private and public needs?

Boris

You need a secure network between the bridges for Octo

Can yoy provide more details? External videobrigde can have Public IP. Their local IP will be in same network, but internal videobrige will not have public ip.

org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_ADDRESS=(PUBLIC_IP in case External videbrigde)
org.jitsi.videobridge.REGION=main - (diffrent, or set same region?)

And policy. How users will be recognize to which vb will connect?

Marcin_Gadowski

November 18

You need a secure network between the bridges for Octo

Can yoy provide more details? External videobrigde can have Public IP. Their local IP will be in same network, but internal videobrige will not have public ip.

org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_ADDRESS=(PUBLIC_IP in case External videbrigde)

org.jitsi.videobridge.REGION=main - (diffrent, or set same region?)

The Octo addresses should be the one they will use the communicate with each other, i.e. their local addresses. The regions would be different.

And policy. How users will be recognize to which vb will connect?

You need to provide different values of deploymentInfo.userRegion in config.js.

Boris