Scaling of Videos

When there are more than 2 people in a meeting and a video needs to wrap to the next line, the scaling no longer works properly. (If there is more then one video on the last line, the scaling sometimes work)
The bottom video is displayed outside the browser window and can only be viewed by scrolling.

The error occured, after the last update, and on every browser

Yours
Mike

Not sure I understand. Can you perhaps illustrate with a screenshot?

Here a screenshot:

The 3rd one a the bottom is not fully shown … you must scroll to see the full video

You seem to be running an old version of Jitsi Meet. Please update to latest stable, this has been fixed.

I can confirm it, the latest release has very nice video scaling, you can further customize it with this config parameter : disableResponsiveTiles: true,

OK I ll update next week, than I can report here

Thank you for the advice.

I updated to the latest stable release, but the problem with the wrong scaling still exists.

What can I try next?

My Versions are:

root@xxxxx:~# dpkg -l | grep jitsi
ii jitsi-meet 2.0.5870-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4985-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4985-1 all Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4985-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4985-1 all Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-492-g5edaf7dd-1 all WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

What browser, version and OS is this?

I have the problem on Windows 10 on Firefox, Edge and Chrome

Are you experiencing the problem only on that machine, or you see it and on other computers?

Can you reproduce this on meet.jit.si? We can’t.

I can reproduce it on different PC’s

On meet.jit.si everything works fine

Have you tried hard refresh on your deployment, or incognito? It maybe a cache issue?

I tried it on systems (clients) where I’ve never been before connected … same problem - so it can’t be a client cache problem.
There must be something with the deployment.

After the last update, I’ve got a new issue: The symbils for chat, disconnecting, … are placed in the left bottom corner and the chat can’t be used.

What can I do?

Check you js console for errors sounds like again css issue …

Thank you , I’ll take a look

Sorry I didn’t answer here … yes it was a problem with an old .css.

When I replaced it with a recent version, everything worked fine.