Room random name

i tried without changing import

i did all steps and i changed before npm this file in my clone directory /srv/jitsi-meet/react/features/welcome/components/AbstractWelcomePage.js

_updateRoomname() { const generatedRoomname = generateRoomWithoutSeparator();
by
_updateRoomname() { const generatedRoomname = randomAlphanumString();

after make i have deleted all files in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs and copy js files from /srv/jitsi-meet/libs

rebooted prosody, flush cache and still have random room name instead of alpha num …

OK, this is probably a silly question, but wouldn’t it be sufficient to just edit the file
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js
and replace the random words by single letters?

Sure, that’s quick and very dirty, and you will have to think about writing a patch which can be applied after every Jitsi update… but it seems to be an easy way.

Hi @saghul,

I tried this one but I am getting an error on step # 4, when I run install-local . here is what it says

npm WARN react-native-background-timer@2.1.1 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.47.0 but none is installed . You must install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-calendar-events@1.7.3 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.40.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-immersive@2.0.0 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.47.0 but none is installed. You m ust install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-linear-gradient@2.5.6 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.55 but none is installed. Y ou must install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-sound@0.11.0 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.8.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-svg@9.7.1 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.50.0 but none is installed. You must in stall peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-svg-transformer@0.13.0 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.45.0 but none is installed . You must install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-webrtc@1.75.3 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.40.0 but none is installed. You mus t install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN react-native-webview@7.4.1 requires a peer of react-native@>=0.60 <0.62 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself. npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.9 (node_modules/fsevents): npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.9: wanted {"os":"darwin ","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})

it is very long but this is what I think is needed.

Hi @saghul,

Im not pretty sure how to use the make command after making the changes. Can you show an example of the command?