Room Name insecure message ( urgent help please )

I’m using Jitsi embed on a wordpress site,
from today a warning has appeared that the name of the room is not secure
look at this screenshot https://prnt.sc/skz3yg

I tried to change the room name using UUID generator, but if I enter the name generated by UUID the room no longer works.

How do I fix this and eliminate the warning ?

Thank you !

so why doesn’t anyone help in this community? Are you racist ?

so why doesn’t anyone help in this community? Are you racist ?

I do hope that this is a joke and I will laugh at it… But if it is not, this is a forum here, not a 24/7 paid help line…

On your issue, do you own the jitsi server you are using for that wordpress front end?
Also, I don’t know if it is intended, be the screenshot you posted only shows a small bit of sceen with a warn sign… can’t do much with that!

1 Like

1 minute of googling gave me this:

If you are using jitsi servers, they applied a patch few days ago that warns users if the room name they use is not unique enough, to avoid “collisions” (other users using the same room name by accident and ending in your conversation). Putting a password on the conversation should help with the issue.

2 Likes

I think if a password is set, the sign should not appear, but …
demo-image: a PW is set and the sign is on top.

if no PW is set: in general it would be nice having the sign disappear after a while

Edit: or an config option to disable the sign = BEST :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have found out if the room name is not usable for a password so it is insecure.
Ex. do not use “room1”, “room2”
“meetingroom1” is worse as well.
better is “meeting-room1” :slight_smile:

Greetings

yes, thx, but the sign should only come up if no PW is set.
let’s say classes have names like “1AD”, “2AD”, “3AD” etc. the name is short, but if one can set a password it is not insecure - only a room name on a public server with no pw set “could” get problematic.
greets
s.

@damencho Could you please provide an option to disable these kind of warnings within the next release? That’d be great. :+1:

As another user mentioned in the pull request (https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/pull/6754#issuecomment-632894449), we use Jitsi as company-wide videoconferencing solution behind a SSO-Login for employees only.
This guarantees that we will never have “unwanted participants” and makes warning like these unnecessary and also confusing for our users.

Thanks
Robert

1 Like

the warning is already disabled by default in latest unstable, all you have to do is to wait for next stable.

1 Like

That is really nice. The message is confusing.

This project is awesome!
Please keep up this good work!!