"Right" OS for installation

We’re trying to use Jitsi Meet in enterprise environment, users really liked quality of audio and video. Currently we have some problems to setup authentication properly. Actually we need both JWT and LDAP simultaneously but that would be the second question, at first we want to try it one by one on the same server.
I tried to install Jitsi on 3 different OS. First it was Ubuntu 20.04 with Prosody 0.12. LDAP worked fine but JWT was completely broken: users got into separate rooms using same link and camera and mic were also not working.
Then it was Ubuntu 18.04 with Prosody 0.11. JWT worked perfectly but Cyrus module had initialization problems after manual installation.
Third one was Debian 11 with Prosody 0.12. Again, JWT was working. Cyrus plugin installation was not smooth but I came through, got it initialized and test saslauthd was successful but LDAP authentication in Jitsi was not working. In auth.log there are following errors:
jitsi lua: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
jitsi lua: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb
jitsi lua: ldapdb_canonuser_plug_init() failed in sasl_canonuser_add_plugin(): invalid parameter supplied
jitsi lua: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_canonuser_init for plugin: ldapdb
I’m not familiar with lua, have no idea what is should be.
So guys, could you recommend the proper OS of specific version with specific Prosody and Lua packages versions that will work out of the box just following the installation guide? Maybe docker version, where do you test it?

The Docker setup uses Debian 11 and Prosody 0.12. If you want to use the non-docker setup perhaps you can look at the Dockerfile to replicate the steps to get some of the modules (like LDAP) working.

Yesterday I deployed docker version on fresh system since it seemed to be the most straightforward way. JWT is not working also, it shows “Sorry, you are not allowed to be here” and in logs: “Error verifying token err:not-allowed, reason:token required”.

How did you configure it?

Hmm, the config file is pretty simple. Something like that
ENABLE_AUTH=1
ENABLE_GUESTS=0
AUTH_TYPE=jwt
JWT_APP_ID=my_app_id
JWT_APP_SECRET=my_app_secret
And the passwords generated by script. All folowing documentation.

How are you passing the JWT? Can you paste a sample token here?

I’m using RocketChat to pass token.
It was working well with Jitsi non-Docker on Ubuntu 18.04.

Try applying this fix locally, and setting that env var to false: fix JWT_ENABLE_DOMAIN_VERIFICATION missing in docker-compose.yml by chaosbiber · Pull Request #1396 · jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet · GitHub

Yeah, that did the trick. Thanks!
Next I will try to reproduce docker steps on classic server installation.