Restrict creation of rooms

This is referring to the configuration file under /etc/prosody/conf.avail/[name].cfg.lua, it is not the general Prosody config file under /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua.

The conference.meet.yourdomain.org bit you are mentioning is just a domain. It is used as an identifier in the component part of the config file, at least as far as I understand. In fairness, I’m not entirely sure either. However, it is not too important either, I believe.

If you are still having trouble to get this to work, how about if you describe again carefully what steps you have taken? What operating system, what installation guide have you followed, what config files have you modified in which way?

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks.
I did the description in this topic:

Okay, great! Could you explain further, what steps have you taken, what guides you have followed to install the Jitsi components? Did you install them through the Ubuntu software package manager or did you build from source?

Could you perhaps post your configuration files so we could take a look?

Also what are the log files saying? Did you enable debug log?

Ok thanks. I manage to make it works. I can authenticate myself but just after login correctly I got the message: connection.GET_SESSION_ID_ERROR
I try to use grep to retrieve the file where it is with no success in using grep despite to be installed.
Any clue on this?
I already declare muc_restrict_exceptions = { “famille”, “test”, “live” }

Sorry, just to explain: this module has nothing to do with logins. So if it’s got something to do with sessions/logins then you’ve got to find the answer somewhere else.

The room restriction module from above should just work out-of-the-box without the need to create accounts or whatever. Have you tried that first?

Hi, I did this hack with apache mod_rewrite.
It does only allow /chat1 and /chat2 as rooms as example
And make index2.html as default front page
you can use any content you want for index2.html

RewriteEngine on
# only rooms chat1 and chat2 are allowed
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/?(chat1|chat2)$
RewriteRule ^/([a-zA-Z0-9]+)$ /index.html [L]

# show index2.html as default
RewriteRule ^/$ /index2.html
RewriteRule ^/index.html$ /index2.html

replace in apache2 vhost conf
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/([a-zA-Z0-9]+)$ /index.html

6 Likes

Thats actually a real nice and simple solution!

I agree, it really is!

Based on this is it possible to create a password for rooms?
Update
In fact I find the answer by myself

yes, for basic authentication easy like this:

<Location /chat1>
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "chat1 Login"
  AuthUserFile /path/.htpasswd
  Require valid-user
</Location>

In which directory you place this .htaccess?

That doesn’t matter. Somewhere apache can read it.

Thanks. Any idea? I can find as well the index of jitsi meet and where to place the new index.
Can you help me here?
Basically I have a wp on another vps and I would like to manage the htaccess from there. It can be authentificated by the domain name of the vps where the wp is.

Any idea? I can find as well the index of jitsi meet and where to place the new index.
Can you help me here?

Try /usr/share/jitsi-meet

Basically I have a wp on another vps and I would like to manage the htaccess from there. It can be authentificated by the domain name of the vps where the wp is.

I don’t think that will work.

It does work

It does work

Great! Can you post instructions, for others who might want to do it?

Hmm well ok here is a really simple example index2.html

This is the new Frontpage

Just save it as index2.html and you will see that text instead of the default jitsi page

I think we are at cross-purposes!

You said:

I have a wp on another vps and I would like to manage the htaccess from there

I read that as meaning that you wanted to manage the .htaccess file for your jitsi server by storing it on another server. My mistake.

1 Like

In what kind of format should executable return multiple rooms?

Aha, every room should be in a new line.