First of all, thanks for your work with this awesome tool. We’ve been able to finish our project and are working on the release. It was super working with this beautiful tool.
I know similar questions have been asked, but just wanted to see if we have the number of limitations in Jitsi right. And in addition clarify a few things.
List of limits
- jvb can handle up to 75 users (hard limit - reply by @damencho ). Though ~30 is the recommended sweet spot
- prosody can handle up to 250 conferences (citation needed). Adding two prosodies - one in front of the jvbs and one in front of the users - can potentially increase this number (citation needed)1
- How jibri impacts these numbers? Our system will have the people presenting the conference connected to jitsi and the viewers playing back from the streaming. So virtually every conference will have one jibri. Does this decrease the number of conferences prosody is able to held?
- What are the limits in jicofo?
- How does octo affects these numbers? Is the number of users in a conference greater if we enable octo?
1 I remember hearing this in one of the community calls but could not find it written anywhere
Again, thank you so much for this wonderful tool!