Remove / Disable Welcome Page?

Hi!

I set up Jitsi to use with Rocketchat and configured access via token. Everything is working as expected and I followed the secure domain instructions. As well, in my Jitisi config in /etc/prosody/conf.d/i I set autentication=“token”. Now I browse to the web page and try to create a meeting I am prompted for a username and password which is good.

However optimally I’d like to get rid of the start a new meeting input box totally, along with the list of previously created meetings below. My only use with Jitsi is via Rocketchat, so I don’t need/want the default landing page at all. I’d actually prefer a static page with just a bit of text on it. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

How about dumping users into a random meeting URL?

You can change this in your domain config in /etc/jitsi/meet/ - the js file - to disable the welcome page.

Though I don’t know if you can prevent it from auto-redirecting people into a meeting name.

// Whether to use a welcome page or not. In case it's false a random room
    // will be joined when no room is specified.
    enableWelcomePage: true,

Take a look at /usr/share/jitsi/meet/interface_config.js.

I’m pretty sure there’s a setting in there to disable the welcome page, although I think it then just loads a random room.

Hi. I did try setting enableWelcomePage to false, and when I did I got the expected behaviour of being placed in a random room. Unfortunately this is also undesirable. Would prefer to have no access at all for non-authenticated users.

The secure domain config would mean a random room would still be loaded, but they could not actually start the room.

Did you succeed with this? I also want to disable the welcome page. I want to show just a blank page / 403 if somebody occasionally steps on the meeting-URL. But I also want users, who know jitsi is available, to create and access a room by directly entering the room’s URL.
I tried creating a blank index.html in the document root, but this of course breaks the rooms.

Hello,
i´am looking for the same, somebody with new option?