Remote Control | Latest Unstable

Greeting,

I noticed that Remote Control is not working with latest Unstable version, the option is available However when you click on it and remote user accepts, you can only see the screen with no option to control it. Is there any thing changed lately ?

Note : presenter is using Electron App.

With latest Stable version it work, However there’s a clear lag at the viewer side and I am not sure how to mitigate it.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Abada

@Hristo_Terezov any idea what may have caused this?

@Mohamed_Abada which version of the electron app do you use?

@damencho No idea. I don’t think we’ve changed anything related to the remote control.

I’ve just tested it and I was able to reproduce the issue. Thanks for the report! We’ll work on fixing it!

Using latest electron version compiled at my side.

Thanks @Hristo_Terezov let me know if you managed to fix it please.

As a temp solution for now, would you please advise what might be the reason behind this lag ?

Best Regards,
Mohamed Abada

The remote control is fixed in master!

Thanks a lot @Hristo_Terezov
It is working now again with latest unstable version, However lag still there.
Is there any thing I can do to enhance the performance of remote control, other than adjusting desktop sharing frame rate ?

Also, I can see only one option to share the entire screen, before there was an option to share a specific app or window, can that be enabled back ?

Best Regards,
Mohamed Abada

Any update here ?

Would you please advise if there’s a way to enhance the performance of Remote Control feature ?

Probably moving to websockets will improve it. We are currently working on that.

I tried following the below document to get websocket running with no luck:

bosh is still used for some reason despite the fact that the websocket is running.

This is for using websockets instead of data channels for communication with the bridge.
I’m talking about replacing bosh, to be able to use it normally there are few bugs and improvements we are currently working on.

Any joy with websockets ?