Reload JVB videobridge/sip-communicator.properties without restart

Hi,

is there any way to reload the videobridge/sip-communicator.properties configfile of the videobridge without restarting it and interrupting running conferences ?

AND/OR is there a possibility to send a videobridge in Maintainance mode that no new conferences get startet on that bridge?

Thanks

bye eazy

Nope.

Yep, there is a graceful shutdown script.

The new configuration framework (jvb.conf, sip-communicator.properties is still supported but is being deprecated) has better support for this, and we may look at allowing certain properties to be read in ‘real time’ without forcing a restart, but we haven’t had a big need for it so nothing is planned right now.

Thanks a lot for the answers.

The Gracefully shutdown helps alot, so I can reboot the Videobridges If there are outstanding configchanges.

@bbaldino I’m running alot jitsi-meet instances with shared videobridges, so I have to add and remove JVB Credentials for the Frontends multible times a day with hundrets conferences running. So in the past I did that at night which was slowing down my deployment process. But with the Gracefulshutdown I think it is good enough.

Thanks

bye
eazy

1 Like