Regarding specification of amazon aws hosting meet.jit.si

Dear,

I build up the code as per instructions from the https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/wiki/Tutorial-for-Building-Out-an-install-from-scratch:-Ubuntu-16.04-Apache2 on amazon aws. Things work as expected. Jitsi meet started on that amazon aws instance. No problem there. But when I tested it with one colleague(say with url https://52.13.233.107/test), I observed that somehow connection gets dropped after few seconds and then it behaves very erratically. Even if I tried to test it with audio only(From Manage Call Quality, selecting “Audio Only”) without camera, problem remains. If I test with meet.jit.si, it works perfectly.

The amazon aws specification is t2.micro with 1 vcpu 1.0 GB RAM. My purpose is to only test it and therefore running it on low hardware.

I then read this thread https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/2116 and it says that meet.jitsi is also hosted on aws.

May I know the specification of that aws instance hosted meet.jitsi? Can someone point me out whether t2.micro configuration can be a problem?

Thanks,
Ashish

Can someone please help? I even tried with t2.medium with 4GB RAM and 2 vcpu. Still the same problem. After connecting for 7-8 seconds, It shows somebody gets disconnected message. Somehow session gets disconnected. Everything shows fine in jvb.log but somehow I see errors in browser in debug mode.

Logger.js:125 [react/features/base/tracks/functions.js] <>: Failed to create local tracks (2) [“audio”, “video”] r {gum: {…}, name: “gum.general”, message: “Could not start video source”, stack: “Error↵ at new r (https://54.68.166.115/libs/lib…166.115/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=139:2:125827”}

[JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: null Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace: Error: Jingle error: {“reason”:“item-not-found”,“session”:“JingleSessionPC[p2p=true,initiator=true,sid=47b51de6050f]”}
at JingleSessionPC.js:2180

[modules/xmpp/JingleSessionPC.js] <>: “session-initiate” error null
n @ Logger.js:125
(anonymous) @ JingleSessionPC.js:865
(anonymous) @ strophe.js:3405

_dataRecv @ strophe.js:3810
_onRequestStateChange @ strophe.js:5559
2Logger.js:125 [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: null Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace: Error: Jingle error: {“reason”:“timeout”,“session”:“JingleSessionPC[p2p=true,initiator=true,sid=47b51de6050f]”}

Logger.js:125 [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined Script: https://54.68.166.115/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=139 Line: 2 Column: 1034713 StackTrace: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined
at Object.updateLargeVideo (VideoLayout.js:1018)

Any hint please?

Can you check jicofo logs for errors in /var/log/jitsi?

Thanks for your reply,

Here is the log for today where I created test conference with two users and it was disconnected after a while.
It seems fine from jicofo.log but there is one warning

Jicofo 2018-06-28 04:24:45.022 WARNING: [37] org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConferenceImpl.log() No jingle session yet for f2815c4a

Some warnings from jvb.log

JVB 2018-06-28 04:15:02.913 WARNING: [33] org.jitsi.xmpp.component.ComponentBase.verifyProcessingTime().540 PROCESSING TIME LIMIT EXCEEDED - it took 105ms to process:

JVB 2018-06-28 04:15:13.325 WARNING: [16] org.jitsi.videobridge.EndpointMessageTransport.log() SCTP connection with e1c69f98b1eccead not ready yet.
JVB 2018-06-28 04:15:13.326 WARNING: [16] org.jitsi.videobridge.EndpointMessageTransport.log() No available transport channel, can’t send a message

JVB 2018-06-28 04:15:13.552 WARNING: [39] org.jitsi.videobridge.IceUdpTransportManager.log() Failed to initialize TCP harvester on port 443: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied. Retrying on port 4443.
JVB 2018-06-28 04:15:13.552 INFO: [39] org.ice4j.ice.harvest.AbstractTcpListener.addLocalAddresses() Not using link-local address /fe80:0:0:0:ae:6dff:fee0:5280%eth0 for TCP candidates.
JVB 2018-06-28 04:15:13.557 INFO: [39] org.jitsi.videobridge.IceUdpTransportManager.log() Initialized TCP harvester on port 4443, using SSLTCP:true

Attached are the clean logs of today for jicoso and jvb.jicofo.log (28.8 KB)
jvb.log (429.3 KB)

Any help will be appreciated…

I compared the browser console for meet.jit.si and my deployed app on aws.
What I see from console below error. What does this error means and why it is coming?

lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=139:2 [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined Script: https://52.13.233.107/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=139 Line: 2 Column: 1034713 StackTrace: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined
at Object.updateLargeVideo (app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2)
at Object._updateLargeVideoIfDisplayed (app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2)
at Object.onRemoteStreamRemoved (app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2)
at Object.S.removeRemoteStream (app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2)…

[modules/UI/videolayout/LargeVideoManager.js] <>: hover in %s 9c332c4d
lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=139:2 [modules/xmpp/JingleSessionPC.js] <r.peerconnection.oniceconnectionstatechange>: (TIME) ICE closed P2P? false: 597520.999999997

Do you say that you see video from the other side and after 8 seconds it got disconnected? Or video never got connected?
Can you attach the browser console log from such session.

Previously, it was showing disconnected message but after changing net.core.rmem_default and other as per instructions from https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/issues/96, I am not getting disconnected message. However, initially the “fellow colleague” appears on corner and then disappears after 7-8 seconds. Although “fellow colleague” dialog is not there but it seems conference is connected(in the sense, it shows p2p connection on browser with both ip address, see attached image). When I leave the call from other end, then only “somebody disconnected” message appears on moderator end.

For your info, I also have changed org.jitsi.videobridge.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS and org.jitsi.videobridge.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS in sip-communicator.properties as per https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/267. Attached is browser.log and capture image.
browser.log (42.8 KB)

From capture image, you can clearly see that connection is there between two conference participants.
In my understanding, “TraceablePeerConnection.js:2076 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined” is creating a issue.

Kindly suggest where can be the issue?

The error you see about updateView is harmless and we know about it and will work to fix it.
After the last participant leaves the connection stats are not cleared and just display the last available data. There is a period of 10-15 seconds after the last participant has left in which the connection to the jvb is kept and after that it is closed, you can see that in the logs if you wait a while.

Thanks for your reply! Any clue from attached logs where can be the issue?

Hello,
The participant log of other side shows below error (ICE failed P2P). See below snippet. Attached is the log browserparticipant.txt (21.0 KB)
Does this gives any hint?

<r.peerconnection.oniceconnectionstatechange>: (TIME) ICE failed P2P? false: 50520.99999999973
app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2 [modules/UI/videolayout/VideoLayout.js] <Object.removeParticipantContainer>: Removing remote video: 1a7b231c
app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2 [modules/UI/videolayout/RemoteVideo.js] <r.remove>: Remove thumbnail 1a7b231c
app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2 [modules/UI/videolayout/VideoLayout.js] <Object.electLastVisibleVideo>: Last visible video no longer exists
app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2 [modules/UI/videolayout/VideoLayout.js] <Object.electLastVisibleVideo>: Fallback to local video…
app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2 [modules/UI/videolayout/VideoLayout.js] <Object.electLastVisibleVideo>: electLastVisibleVideo: 9bf01b1c
Logger.js:125 [modules/RTC/TraceablePeerConnection.js] <r.close>: Closing TPC[1,p2p:false]…
Logger.js:125 [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined Script: https://52.13.233.107/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=139 Line: 2 Column: 1034713 StackTrace: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘updateView’ of undefined
at Object.updateLargeVideo (app.bundle.min.js?v=139:2)

Apparently I’m misunderstanding the problem here. Can you explain what is the problem?
Is it that there is no p2p? Are you worried for the error you see in the console? Something else?

It seems that issue is in the network. This network is behind the NAT with some firewall. Previously, my confusion was that why jitsi.meet.si works and not my hosted aws application.

I found that jitsi.meet.si is configured with turn server and therefore, even there were only two partcipants, jitsi.meet is using turn server not p2p. Now my hosted aws application is not using any turn server and therefore it doesn’t works.

Here is attached snapshot to show that jitsi.meet is using turn server(some ip 54.169.x.x) for conference

not p2p.

@damencho, Can you confirm if this ip 54.169.188.225 is the turn server ip or is this jvb for jitsi.meet?

That’s a jitsi-videobridge machine.

As Boris said this is jvb, but there jvb is listening on port 443 for tcp connection and this is what you are using. If you run your jvb listening to port 443 and yours will work without turn.

Thanks a lot! somehow the problem was that network firewall was only allowing port 80 and 443. Therefore jvb was not getting used, It’s solved now…

Thanks a lot again for your help and time!