Redirect URL on hangup?

Depending on what account you are logged in as, you might need to run the editor as a superuser. Again, this depends on your operating system, but try:

sudo nano /usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/close3.html

Ah ok. Entering in that last one brought this up:

I appreciate you taking the time. I’m not too technical so my apologies in advance.

That looks correct to me — by default, it’s an empty file.

If you add just the word “test” into it, the save the file and exit (which is, I think Control + O in nano), what happens if when you exit a jitsi conference? (Assuming you’ve made the config change to either or both config.js or interface_config.js.)

So I tired test, and also tried entering a URL into that same screen to see if it made a difference. Ending a meeting returns back to the normal ‘enter meeting’ screen.

I changed the config to

SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE:true,

Edit: I think I’m getting closer. It doesn’t want to redirect though.

I also had to enable

enableClosePage:true,

Code for the meeting termination is here: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/0289a93e5a900f993b65a1b9165b07882da6e29e/react/features/app/actions.js

If enableClosePage is true, the system will redirect to static/close2.html after the meeting ends.

If the SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE option is true, you get close3.html

So, the easiest way to redirect a user after the meeting closes is to enable the close3.html page, then have it be nothing but a refresh.

In /etc/jitsi/meet/(your server config), set the following line:

enableClosePage: true,

In /usr/share/jitsi-meet/interface_config.js, set the following line:

SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE: true,

Now, make your /usr/share/jitsi-meet/static/close3.html page look something like this:

<html>
	<head>
		<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://example.com/" />
	</head>
</html>

You should now have a redirect to example.com as soon as the meeting closes! Adjust as needed.

//EDIT: Set the SPCP variable to true…

5 Likes

THANK YOU!!! Worked like a charm. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, we are trying on this, and if I change two variables (for embed Jitsi Meet) in API configOverwrite and interfaceConfigOverwrite sections, dont work ;-((

Any idea??

Thanks in advance

Any idea about this please?

I trying in API too, it’s not working. The promotional page is still there :frowning:

Any ideas?

There are events like readyToClose and videoConferenceLeft which can be used to hide/remove the iframe and present something else.

1 Like

Making SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE to true, but close3.html doesn’t start :frowning:

Any idea ?

Yeah, I’m having the same issue.

I am also trying this in API. Tried several combinations. Nothing works. Any ideas? :pensive:

Use this api
api.on(‘readyToClose’, () => {
console.log(‘opaaaaa’);
});

1 Like

A quick workaround adding to @Syonyk’s solution: rename close2.html to close2.html-old, then rename close3.html to close2.html. Since the system forces a redirect to close2.html regardless of the value of SHOW_PROMOTIONAL_CLOSE_PAGE, this workaround will redirect to whatever you set in the amended close2.html

I tried this, but its not fired when I press the hangup botton:

api.on('videoConferenceLeft', (params) => {
        console.log(params);
      });

what’s wrong here?

Has anyone got this working , trying it in the docker version but doesn’t fire at all ?

where i implement this ?

I am using Angular and this works like a charm

this.api.on('readyToClose', () => {
      this.router.navigateByUrl('/');
    });