Recording starts, but stop automatically at 30 seconds

Hi all,

I write from despair, and after much searching and searching …

I have installed a server with JITSI & JIBRI, and when I start a recording, after 30 seconds it falls.

If I go to see the recorded file, it has no audio, no video, and it shows me a gray screen lasting 30 seconds.

I am attaching logs to see if someone with similar experience can help me.

Thanks in advance.

browser.0.txt

ffmpeg.0.txt

Post the Jibri log please.

also upload it elsewhere I can’t access google sites upload it here

browser.0.txt (1.9 MB)
ffmpeg.0.txt (33.3 KB)
log.0.txt (80.7 KB)
xorg.log (39.5 KB)

INFO: [99] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.invoke() Current service had an error Error: NoMediaReceived SESSION No media received

jibri cannot get media and stops working. If you want to try a newly fresh installation, check this

Thank you, I don’t especified that it is fresh installation in Azure VM with Ubuntu18.04LTS…

I think the problem is the vm un Azure, because if i try the same steps in local vm, the problem not appear… please help, i’m desesperate…

Hi @emrah ,

I realice one new install, and now, i don’t have the problem that you see in first time, because I increase the timeout time to no media, but the result is the same, (no video and no audio in the recorded file).

I enclose one more time logs and recorded file example, (e2_2021-02-10-13-38-12.mp4 - Google Drive).

Thank’s in advance for your time.browser.0.txt (1.0 MB) ffmpeg.0.txt (21.8 KB) log.0.txt (14.9 KB)

There may be an error in your /etc/jitsi/jibri/jibri.conf file

Thank’s for your fast feedback. It’s possible that’s the problem because i’m very lost with this part…

because i see in some sites, that the new version must configure then config.json and not the jibri.conf file…

Maybe you can clarify this?

Thank’s a lot!

Don’t use config.json and check this jibri.conf template

It’s just that I do. I enclose the file. Please can you take a look?
jibri.conf.txt (3.5 KB)

Commenting with the character “#” may cause problems

I understand that you refer to this right?

jwt-info {
// The path to a .pem file which will be used to sign JWT tokens used in webhook
// requests. If not set, no JWT will be added to webhook requests.
# signing-key-path = “/path/to/key.pem”

// The kid to use as part of the JWT
# kid = "key-id"

// The issuer of the JWT
# issuer = "issuer"

// The audience of the JWT
# audience = "audience"

// The TTL of each generated JWT.  Can't be less than 10 minutes.
# ttl = 1 hour

}

It’s necessary this part in the file? Or can i delete them?

You can delete this block completely

nothing different … I have removed the section that you indicate, but everything behaves the same … no audio, no video …

I will attach test logs again after modifying the config.

any more ideas please?

browser.0.txt (1011.5 KB) ffmpeg.0.txt (18.0 KB) jibri.conf.txt (3.0 KB) log.0.txt (13.5 KB)

I haven’t checked your configuration or logs, but you’re probably correct about this. There’s been some report about Azure being a bit behind on dependences, hence causing problems.

I suppose the thing has to go that way, because if I try on a local vm, (with vmware), I don’t have these problems … that’s why I go to the community, to see if any specific configuration has to be done, since I’m crazy with this topic …

@emrah, any idea about this supposed that problem is Azure VM?

I don’t remember if I tested jibri on AWS before. Maybe it’s related with the choosen image. I always use Debian images on production and I didn’t have any issue

I’m using this one:

Linux vmrecordvideocalls 4.15.0-135-generic #139-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jan 18 17:38:24 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is one Linux (ubuntu 18.04) in AZURE

But I understand that JIBRI can run in Ubuntu no?

Thank’s one more time for replies!