Recording start error

Hello. Actually set up the server on this topic, but the recording does not work, I did not find anything similar on the forum and nothing useful to me in the logs, so I ask for help.

jibri log (log.2.txt)

if you click on the record button in the browser console it appears:

Also i could’t install alsaa and loopback because:

root@ubuntu-jitsi-v2-records:/var/log# modprobe snd-aloop
modprobe: FATAL: Module snd-aloop not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-96-generic

Thanks.

Hi @Xenx, regarding the alsa issues you mention: I’m not sure which ubuntu you have for your jibri, you may need to install linux-image-extra-virtual which contains the alsa modules…

I would not be able to followup on you other issue, you somebody else will be able to help…

Cheers, Igor

I installed linux-image-extra-virtual, but all the same modules were not searched.

Please refer to Jibri official docs: “jibri was tested only on Ubuntu 16.04”, maybe works also on 18.04.
Plase follow the guide step by step

Also you can check this Jibri error:

2020-04-24 13:31:00.670 SEVERE: [19] org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionAuthenticatedListener() Exception in authenticated listener
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from internal.auth.class.vot.by: XMPPError: remote-server-not-found - cancel

after install linux-image-extra-virtual, reboot ubuntu server and that’s ok

root@jitsimeet:~# lsmod | grep snd_aloop
snd_aloop              24576  0
snd_pcm                98304  1 snd_aloop
snd                    81920  3 snd_timer,snd_aloop,snd_pcm

i am getting this error while started to recording.
I installed jibri and jitsi on same server just to test recording.

i followed the below jitsi tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHHoqKCjJ0E

ubuntu spec is: 2gb and 10gb storage i guess this is sufficient for recording only one video call i am not sure. if this not sufficient suggest the specs that would be helpful.

only command i am unable to run is below command:
modprobe snd-aloop
modprobe: FATAL: Module snd-aloop not found in directory /lib/modules/

Any suggestion on this that would be helpful.

Most probably, your kernel has no support for the snd_aloop module. This is the usual case if this is a cloud computer. Install the standard Linux kernel and reboot with it.

Some explanations…

IIRC, Ubuntu needs a package linux-modules-extras... too

“modprobe snd-aloop” i am able to solve this issue but recording is not working
Can anyone confirm is it possible to run jitsi and jibri in same ubuntu server ??

and along with that provide some info on the above error