Recording not working (Stopped after 15-20 sec)

I have installed Jitsi and Jibri on the same server (Ubuntu 20.04 with the generic kernel). I have also enabled the authentication to create the meeting and it’s working fine. But whenever I click on the recording, the recording starts and stops automatically after 15-20 sec. Also during those 20 secs, videos of all the participants turn off automatically. Here I’m attaching the jicofo, jitsi, jibri and jvb logs.

jibri.log (17.5 KB) jocofo.log (53.4 KB) jvb.log (130.7 KB) prosody.log (1.4 KB)

Hi,

According to your jibri’s logfile you are missing the finalize.sh script.

> 2020-10-29 16:48:35.262 SEVERE: [2823] org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.finalize() Failed to run finalize script: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "": error=2, No such file or directory with stack:

We are not using any finalize.sh file, at least for now. Can I remove this from the config.json…??

I don’t know.

But you can use this dummy one from here : https://github.com/jitsi/jibri/blob/master/resources/finalize_recording.sh

But I think this is the issue, not sure what’s the reason

2020-10-29 16:48:34.765 INFO: [17] org.jitsi.jibri.selenium.JibriSelenium.invoke() Recurring call status checks generated event org.jitsi.jibri.selenium.SeleniumEvent$NoMediaReceived@6d21fbd4

2020-10-29 16:48:34.766 INFO: [2823] org.jitsi.jibri.selenium.JibriSelenium.onSeleniumStateChange() Transitioning from state Running to Error: NoMediaReceived SESSION No media received

2020-10-29 16:48:34.766 INFO: [2823] org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.onServiceStateChange() File recording service transitioning from state Running to Error: NoMediaReceived SESSION No media received

2020-10-29 16:48:34.767 INFO: [2823] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.invoke() Current service had an error Error: NoMediaReceived SESSION No media received, sending error iq <iq to='jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.domain.com/focus' id='UVqfJ-5436' type='set'><jibri xmlns='http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri' status='off' failure_reason='error' should_retry='true'/></iq>

2020-10-29 16:48:34.767 FINE: [2823] org.jitsi.jibri.statsd.JibriStatsDClient.incrementCounter() Incrementing statsd counter: stop:recording

Yeah, not having a finalize script isn’t a problem, your problem is Jibri isn’t receiving any media. Were there other participants in the call sending media?

Yeah, I was connected to the same meeting from another device.

I’d connect with another participant and make sure you can see one another. If that works, then something is up with Jibri not getting media

I tried this again with one other member, We were able to see each other but when I clicked on Recording, our videos turned off automatically and recording stopped after 15-20 sec.

Is your deployment working with 3 participants? If you open 3 tabs is video and audio flowing?
Seems like a network issue, check the advanced section of https://jitsi.org/qi

Deployment working with 3 participants means…?? As of now only I’m working on the server and there’s no other service running on it.

Just open 3 tabs in your browser with the same link.

I just did that, two worked fine but after opening the third one, the video turned off automatically. What does that mean…?

That you have a network issue, check out the advanced section of the quick install guide as I already mentioned.
Firewall, port forwarding not working or jvb is not announcing its public IP.

I have made the changes mentioned in the advance section, ports are open, still getting the same issue.

What about port forwarding?

@damencho Thanks a ton. It’s working now. I can record videos with 3 participants.