Recording not working on my server

when I click on “start recording” it is showing “Recording failed to start”.

I have installed Jitsi meet and Jibri again and when I click on “start recording” it is showing “Recording Unavailable”.

When testing it, sometimes chatting works but no video or sound.

Please help me to fix the issue.

here is I attached all the log in it. so please check that.

jicofo.log
Jicofo 2020-12-02 13:34:54.425 SEVERE: [360] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.log() Unable to find an available Jibri, can’t start
Jicofo 2020-12-02 13:34:54.426 INFO: [360] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriRecorder.log() Failed to start a Jibri session, no Jibris available

https://135.181.145.9/dssd

You need to have a valid TLS certificate for Jibri to work.

1 Like

Hello @saghul… My application is behind a valid TLS certificate. However i have the same problem than @Hitendra_Makwana… and i get same error messages… please can you help me?

these are in attachment log errors (jicofo & jibri ) & jibri status …

Please help me… I remember that Jitsi-meet & jibri are installed on the same macchine…

Can you attach the full jibri log? Looks like it failed to start.

@Frank_Dongmo Go through this tutorial, it will likely help you resolve your problem - TUTORIAL: Jibri Overview, Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks - Solve your Jibri Problems, Quickly!

Hello

i got below error while recording.so the recording start and after that stop

log.0.txt (18.0 KB)

hello @saghul can you please check this and reply me

@Hitendra_Makwana this is an error you can solve yourself by simply looking at available information, but instead you keep tagging a person to solve it for you. Not only is it a waste of valuable human resource, you’re depriving yourself of the opportunity to learn.

ya but I am facing this issue so is there any solution regarding this .

From the logs:

2020-12-04 14:28:31.483 INFO: [55] org.jitsi.jibri.capture.ffmpeg.FfmpegCapturer.onFfmpegProcessUpdate() Ffmpeg quit abruptly.  Last output line: plug:bsnoop: Input/output error
2020-12-04 14:28:31.486 INFO: [55] org.jitsi.jibri.capture.ffmpeg.FfmpegCapturer.onFfmpegStateMachineStateChange() Ffmpeg capturer transitioning from state Starting up to Error: QuitUnexpectedly SESSION plug:bsnoop: Input/output error
2020-12-04 14:28:31.489 INFO: [55] org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.onServiceStateChange() File recording service transitioning from state Starting up to Error: QuitUnexpectedly SESSION plug:bsnoop: Input/output error
2020-12-04 14:28:31.491 INFO: [55] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.invoke() Current service had an error Error: QuitUnexpectedly SESSION plug:bsnoop: Input/output error, sending error iq <iq to='jibribrewery@internal.auth.testing.maulikmasrani.com/focus' id='cN4kK-24' type='set'><jibri xmlns='http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri' status='off' failure_reason='error' should_retry='true'/></iq>

Looks like an error with the ffmpeg process, maybe the device is misconfigured?

So what have to do now need to install ffmpeg again

Also here is my new log please check this

log.0.txt (33.5 KB)

It’s basically the same. Do you have that bsnoop device?

hello recording will be start now but when i download it it’s said invalid mime type