Recording Jitsi video conference and storing the file into DropBox

I have installed Jitsi meet on ubuntu 18.04 VM server and have added Jitsi recording feature to it. When I was clicking on the recording button, was getting Failed starting recording: dropbox is not enabled on this deployment error in console. Later I have installed Jibri library using the command sudo apt -y install jibri however, issue remains the same. I figured out that cause that /etc/jitsi/jibri/conf.json configuration looks empty.

Can someone provide me the right configuration in order to record the video and store the media file into DropBox location . -Thanks in advance.

You can’t just install Jibri with that command, there’s a whole process. Follow these tutorials:

Once you get Jibri running successfully, then you can go on to configuring Dropbox integration.

@Freddie I have installed latest Jibri library. And the reference you have provided looks difficult to me. Can you provide the example /etc/jitsi/jibri/conf.json and other configuration steps for recording and storing it to Dropbox.

@Freddie I did follow this link TUTORIAL - How to Install the NEW JIBRI but still not able to record the video.

Can you help me to resolve this error : ** Failed starting recording: dropbox is not enabled on this deployment**

First try to setup a working jibri without dropbox storing. /etc/jitsi/jibri/conf.json is not used anymore. There is a new config file, check the tutorial

@emrah @Freddie

I am getting the following error while installing jibri on our Azure VM server.

Module snd-aloop not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.0-1063-azure

Can you help me on this, please ?

jibri needs snd-aloop kernel module mostly not supported by cloud kernels. Switch to the standard Linux kernel and install linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r) if this is an Ubuntu server

@emrah What is the command to use for switching to standard Linux kernel?

There is no single way. It depends on the environment. Debian on AWS for example:
how-can-i-install-the-standard-linux-kernel

I didn’t check Azure or Ubuntu cases