Recording from jit.si.meet

I am using Jitsi’s server rather than downloading my own. I attempted to record a meeting earlier this evening and everything appeared to be working fine. However, the recording is not in my Dropbox. I don’t really care that much about the meeting I recorded today, but I want to know what happened and how to make sure it does not happen in the future.

Thanks very much for the help. I’ve read some of the other responses on this topic, but they all seem to pertain to servers the user has downloaded. I’m using the default application jit.si.meet.

how much storage do you have avaliable in your dropbox?

1 Like

I’ve only used 57 meg of my allocated 2 gig. Hardly anything.

How long was the recording?

Roughly an hour. The estimate according to the app was over 90 minutes

meet.jit.si has a limit of one our streaming or recording.

Thank you for that. Now I know why streaming and recording stops at 1 hour LOL.[quote=“damencho, post:6, topic:91968, full:true”]
meet.jit.si has a limit of one our streaming or recording.
[/quote]

I happened again tonight, and the meeting was definitely less than an hour. The only thing I can think of is I closed out the meeting before stopping the recording. Should I be ending the recording first?

You definitely should be ending recording before you close out the meeting/browser.

Thanks, that explains it.

Well, I just had the same problem. I attempted to record a meeting, the session was less than an hour, and I stopped the recording prior to ending the meeting. Can anyone possibly see if that recording exists somewhere? Here is the meeting room: https://meet.jit.si/ValCaryVoiceLesson23.

Thanks very much.

Can someone help, please? I have to think the recording went SOMEWHERE.

I’d reccomend you host your own instance so this doesn’t happen again. the drop-box service is very unreliable. or even invest into 8x8.vc