I am trialing a cloud SSD server with 20GB disk, 1000GB bandwidth, 1 CPU (core unspecified) and 2Gb RAM. Yesterday it worked acceptably with 4 people. When we got up to 5 the resolution dropped, and with 6 the person with a Chromebook dropped off. We were using Firefox, Chromium, and Linux, Windows and Android devices. Safari on a Mac could not join and the user changed to Windows 10 and Firefox.
After the event, I discovered that CPU usage peaked at 99%.
I am now investigating a dedicated server as below and will report back.
Intel 8 Core C2750 Atom
Single CPU, Entry Level Budget Server
8 x 2.4Ghz CPU Cores
500GB (HDD) Hard Drive