React native jitsi meet android error

Hello,
I’m using jitsi for react native and I’m not able to run jitsi code. I got below error

2020-01-29 15:03:47.102 26106-26106/com.inetwork1 E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.inetwork1, PID: 26106
java.lang.AssertionError: Activity needs to be set if initial lifecycle state is resumed
at com.facebook.infer.annotation.Assertions.assertNotNull(Assertions.java:35)
at com.facebook.react.ReactInstanceManagerBuilder.build(ReactInstanceManagerBuilder.java:239)
at org.jitsi.meet.sdk.ReactInstanceManagerHolder.initReactInstanceManager(ReactInstanceManagerHolder.java:158)
at org.jitsi.meet.sdk.BaseReactView.(BaseReactView.java:104)
at org.jitsi.meet.sdk.JitsiMeetView.(JitsiMeetView.java:102)
at com.reactnativejitsimeet.JitsiMeetNavigatorActivity.onCreate(JitsiMeetNavigatorActivity.java:56)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7009)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7000)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1214)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2731)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2856)
at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1589)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)

version
“react”: “16.6.3”,
“react-native”: “^0.59.2”,
“react-native-jitsi-meet”: “^1.2.0”,

Sorry, we are not the react-native-jitsi-meet maintainers, you’ll have to ask them.

ok @saghul can you please send how to integrate yours jitsi meet url for react native

I’m afraid we don’t currently have a good answer to that.

Hi @saghul,

From months I was trying to disable the video call options in react native, but had no success for Android.

Now it is not working at all for both Android and iOS apps.

Is it possible to integrate jitsi meet in react native in AndroidX?(Already posted error here in first question)
I am spending too much of my time on research, let me know if you are planning to release new versions

Thanks,

You showed the error and mention things are not working for you, but I don’t know what you tried.

As I said earlier, we don’t currently offer a React Native package, and integrating a RN app within another RN app can be problematic. We do provide native SDKs (which use RN internally) but those are targetted at full-native apps.

We may creat a RN package in the future, but we haven’t decided yet.

Hi Saghul. I also have the same issue. Does it mean that we can’t integrate jitsi on react native? Who are the maintainers for the integration of React Native?

Android Native works for me but when I call the Activity via react native button to start the activity it has issue.