Re-log failed - 400 Request header or cookie too large

Hi, and thx developers for this amazing app!

I wish it’s the good place to report issue, please move it if not.
I don’t found similar report.
REM: the log link on reporting bugs is broken! :confused:

I use Jitsi.meet with firefox for month, and today I get a strange issue.
After a pause (logout, close browser, suspend to ram, and finally wake up and re-start browser), I can’t re-log.

Firefox says: 400 Request header or cookie too large.
Using another computer on the same network cable don’t make issue.
Reboot don’t help.
I finally delete the “jitsi” cookies (parameters>privacy>coockie), and then I can re-log normally.
I’ve made a screenshot of the history link.
bug jitsi

system: ubuntu20.04
firefox: 87.0 (64 bits)
Online version of jitsi meet

Best,

This is as the link says and the banner on top of the page Jitsi Desktop Legacy app and has nothing to do with jitsi-meet.

The problem with cookie too large is known and there is nothing we can do about it as this is a bug with amplitude Amplitude is adding too many cookies causing 400 Bad Request errors · Issue #326 · amplitude/Amplitude-JavaScript · GitHub

Ok thanks.
Maybe the error message can says “try to delete jitsi’s cookies” for people who don’t think about it?

I just ran into the same error. The amplitude PR is merged, so I assume this is fixed on their side.
I wanted to remind you as it really is unclear what is going on as the site just suddenly stops working.

Hi, @damencho I am experiencing an issue with cookies. when I write document.cookie in the browser I get a string with all the cookies stored, I can also view the stored cookies in application tab of my developer tools , but when I am trying to access cookies from jitsi reducer.js file it is giving me an empty string