Raspberry Pi / videobridge vs Corona

Hello.

In this awful Corona times I dont want to give even more power to Facebook and Zoom.

Folowing this tutorial in order to install jitsi on Raspberry Pi 4:

Receiving this error:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ systemctl status jitsi-videobridge2.service
● jitsi-videobridge2.service - Jitsi Videobridge
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-03-30 18:19:48 BST; 2h 43min ago
Process: 2724 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c exec /usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/jvb.sh --host=$${JVB_HOST:-localhost} --domain=$
Process: 2725 ExecStartPost=/bin/bash -c echo $MAINPID > /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid (code=exited,
Main PID: 2724 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 30 18:19:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting Jitsi Videobridge…
Mar 30 18:19:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Jitsi Videobridge.
Mar 30 18:19:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: jitsi-videobridge2.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 30 18:19:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: jitsi-videobridge2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Please advice.

Tnx :slight_smile:

I don’t believe Jitsi works on Pi’s ARM processor. Unless something has changed recently.

Search the forum with raspberry pi to see what comes up.

Well all packages are now arch: all, so it should install, but I don’t think that this platform have enough power and memory to serve a conference.

That’s good to know. Thank you @ damencho

It’s fun playing around with the new Pi4 with 4 GB RAM.

This i an unqualified guess :slight_smile:

But it should at least start on a Pi 4 with 4 gig of ram.

Well, I’m pretty sure this is the case. Jicofo and JVB default settings are to use up to 3GB of ram with the java overhead you are pretty close to 8GB. And then this is underpowered to the all packets decrypting and encrypting.