Random room name generation

Hello,

Do you know where is the code which allows to generate room names located ?

Thank you,
Yann

I suppose js-utils extensions need to be installed in jitsi-meet/modules.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes.

This is where the random name generator is used: jitsi-meet/AbstractWelcomePage.js at deaf5ba6121b3bca02b96cc6cfd50924187ba345 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub, jitsi-meet/AbstractWelcomePage.js at deaf5ba6121b3bca02b96cc6cfd50924187ba345 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

This is where the utils is imported into jitsi-meet: jitsi-meet/package.json at deaf5ba6121b3bca02b96cc6cfd50924187ba345 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

How do I set my local js-utils, please?
I’ve downloaded to my server, changed package.json and ‘roomNameGenerator.js’ but there is no effect

You need to rebuild the javascript bundle. When you load jitsi-meet, with the developer tools open, check out the Network tab and you’ll see something called app.bundle.min.js being downloaded. The file is served from /usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/. That bundle file needs to be recompiled with your changes. To do the compiling you need to check out the source (https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet) and build using make and put the resulting app.bundle.min.js file into your deployment, probably backing up your existing app.bundle.mins.js file before doing so just in case.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, but I’m not a developer and I don’t know this process :frowning:
Thanks anyway.

Okay, let me know if you decide to try anyways and get blocked on something.

1 Like

I’m going to show you how to install js-utils. Let me just a few hours because I have to do something right now.

1 Like

I appreciate your help, thank you so much

You go in modules then you execute “git clone https://github.com/jitsi/js-utils.git”.
But, we need to import the good one, so you need to change the import inside react/features/welcome/components/AbstractWelcomePage.js"

You replace this line :
import { generateRoomWithoutSeparator } from 'js-utils/random';

with this line :
import { generateRoomWithoutSeparator } from '../../../../modules/js-utils/random';

That should be good now.

PS : I didn’t change package.json. Normally js-utils should be automatically added inside.

1 Like

I’ll test soon and post the result.

Thanks in advance

Perfect Yann!
It was a little bit hard to me but I did and worked fine!
I have no words to describe my satisfacton.
I translated all words to brazilian portuguese :slight_smile:

Thank you very much and to all community in general.

1 Like

Hi,

Mine did not work after following your advise. Should I change the package.json then as well?

Not pretty sure how to recompile though.

@damencho how to disable random room name on android application?

If i’m not mistake you have to set false the GENERATE_ROOMNAMES_ON_WELCOME_PAGE

in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/interface_config.js.

Actually, i want to go with your way, if you can guide me to start I’d appreciate it. Thanks in advance.