Quick question on infrastructure

I have a bare-metal server with the following specs:

• PowerEdge Server 2x 2.33GHz E5345 Quad Core
  • 16GB RAM
  • 300GB RAID
  • Ethernet - 200/200MBS upload and download [wired around 300/300MBS]

Question is: can I host both Jitsi and Jibri on this server? I’ve successfully installed Jitsi-Meet on it and I’m now thinking of installing Jibri for recording as well. I’ve read a lot of posts that point to Jibri needing its own separate server, but I’ve also seen a few testifying to successfully hosting both on a single server. Will this be fine with my specs? I only need one instance of Jibri running at any time for a meeting of about 25-30 participants.

Any thoughts?

300GB can be filled up very quickly

Oh, I don’t plan to leave recordings there. And this server has nothing else on it - just a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 server LTS and Jitsi, right now. I do have additional bays for HDD/SDD if I choose to scale up. My concern is really whether or not it can also host Jibri.

IMO it should be fine for 25-30 from what I have seen so far with jitsi

Awesome! Thank you! :+1:t5:. Just don’t want to go through the hassle of installing Jibri only to find out otherwise.

As is no guarantee but IMO Jitsi does not consume alot of resources.

From my observations so far, no, it doesn’t. The memory hit is so insignificant and even the CPU demand is very low, particularly when Firefox is not permitted. I suppose I wonder if having Jibri on a separate server is just a performance concern or if there are other potential issues.

Come to think of it, I probably should find a way to ban FIrefox use completely… :thinking:

I have a server on DigitalOcean with 4 vCPU and 8 GB RAM. It’s fine with a low number of concurrent conferences and one recording at the same time.

Awesome! Thanks so much, @emrah! :smiley: