Question Regarding Using "Generate a Let's Encrypt certificate (optional, recommended)" Step On Ubuntu 20.04 Foccal

Hello,

I am currently deploying Jitsi on my personal website, and have gotten to this step “Generate a Let’s Encrypt certificate (optional, recommended)” as I opted in “sudo apt install jitsi-meet” step to choose:

Generate a new self-signed certificate

After running “sudo /usr/share/jitsi-meet/scripts/install-letsencrypt-cert.sh” command, I’ve received the following error:

Note, selecting ‘python-is-python2’ instead of ‘python’
Note, selecting ‘python-dev-is-python2’ instead of ‘python-dev’
Package python-virtualenv is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package ‘python-virtualenv’ has no installation candidate

Workaround:

I’ve looked in the GitHub issues, and found this one in particular that has a workaround:

This one looks like the one that is currently in development to merge it to the main branch for Jitsi:

**Regarding The Issue #6371: **

The “khoschi” user at the end mentions this workaround:

I had the same issue, resulting from a version conflict python2 vs. python3.
On ubuntu focal remove certbot package, cron and config files in
/usr/local/share/ca-certificates/, /usr/local/sbin/certbot-auto and /etc/cron.weekly
then install certbot from offical sources. Test in shell with
certbot renew --dry-run
and add new cron job. Certificates can be reused.

What I wanted confirmation on is this:

Am I supposed to remove those certificate files, then install certbot from “apt” package manager on Ubuntu 20.04, and that’s it?

OR do I replace all lines within the initial .sh script with “certbot-auto” to “certbot” instead?

OR do I have to wait for the progress on this GitHub issue instead:
Pull Request #6627 (sorry can’t post more than 2 links because of the “newbie” poster rule on this forum, see link above)

Bump