Queries about jitsi-autoscaler

I have few questions about jitsi-autoscaler.

1. Can I use it with any of the cloud providers?
  2. What’s the meaning of all the config must be added to the config directory statement here. Does it mean that I have to put groups.json to the config directory?
  3. what is the use of OCI_CONFIGURATION_FILE_PATH env variable in docker-compose.yaml file?
  4. When I’m trying to build an image out of it then I’m getting below error.
docker-compose -f demo/docker-compose.yml build

redis uses an image, skipping
Building autoscaler
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/docker-compose", line 6, in <module>
  File "compose/cli/main.py", line 72, in main
  File "compose/cli/main.py", line 128, in perform_command
  File "compose/cli/main.py", line 303, in build
  File "compose/project.py", line 403, in build
  File "compose/project.py", line 385, in build_service
  File "compose/service.py", line 1106, in build
  File "site-packages/docker/api/build.py", line 261, in build
  File "site-packages/docker/api/build.py", line 308, in _set_auth_headers
  File "site-packages/docker/auth.py", line 311, in get_all_credentials
  File "site-packages/docker/auth.py", line 262, in _resolve_authconfig_credstore
  File "site-packages/docker/auth.py", line 287, in _get_store_instance
  File "site-packages/docker/credentials/store.py", line 25, in __init__
docker.credentials.errors.InitializationError: docker-credential-gcloud not installed or not available in PATH
[399] Failed to execute script docker-compose

CC: @Aaron_K_van_Meerten @Raluca_Baciu
I’m sorry for tagging you here but I think only you guys can help with this. Please help.

First off, a quick caveat: this project is in its infancy, and isn’t recommended for production use without a complete understanding of the components, possible points of monitoring and errors, etc.
That said, we do use it for our own deployments and works for the use cases we have.
The autoscaler project is meant to eventually encompass all cloud providers, currently it only supports instances in OCI (oracle cloud). We would welcome contributions to support other clouds, and I’m open to a discussion about where to plug this in, if developers are interested.
In order to use it, the image would need to be built and deployed, provided valid credentials for oracle cloud. It also requires a redis service for its datastore. Then the autoscaler would need to be made available as a service, at an endpoint accessible to the sidecar running on the VMs. In addition, a set of keys would need to be set up for the sidecar to sign requests that the autoscaler service trusts. Then the autoscaler sidecar needs to be configured to run on every VM pointed to the autoscaler endpoint.

1 Like

Thanks @Aaron_K_van_Meerten for the info. I guess I can’t use it as of now.