Put DisplayName on Jicofo Log

Hello.

Looking the Jicofo log (/var/log/jitsi/jicofo.log) I saw that the username doesn’t appear. For example, in my Jitsi I have configured that the user have to put his name before entry in the room (requireDisplayName: true). For example, I create a room and invite a teammate called James. He put his name in the prompt.

But, looking in the jicofo.log, I don’t see the James name, but I see and user id randomized:

: Jicofo 2020-05-27 13:30:16.128 INFO: [32] org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConferenceImpl.log() Member testroom@conference.web.com/c69da8d2 joined

Exists any possibility to put the username instead this id random?

Thanks in advance

Is this when using anonymous deployment or with authentication enabled?

Hi damencho.

It’s anonymous implementation. No authentication and no internal_plain mode :slight_smile:

Names are display names and those has nothing to do with the connection information like the xmpp muc nickname. I’m not sure, but when using authentication those maybe the username when logging in, that’s why I was asking.
At the moment those nicknames are auto generated and cannot be changed. Why do you need display name there?

It may seem crazy to you but I’m trying to using the Jicofo Log to extract the data for my platform. I need to know some data, for example:

• The name of the people of the room (when entered and when left)

• The name of the room (This I got it, is the name before @)

And the only way to do it is reading the Jicofo Log, because Jitsi for what I’ve looking for, don’t have any dashboard or any detailed report.

Display name information there is not available and you need to add changes to jicofo for doing that.
The correct place for this kind of logging is adding a custom prosody module, where you have events when occupant join/leaves and you can be parsing the display name and adding and that stat and you can do it the same way by printing logs in prosody and scraping that or you can add a stats http endpoint which can be hit by prosody to report those.
You can use speaker stats as an example is it does all that: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/resources/prosody-plugins/mod_speakerstats_component.lua#L198