Purpose of jvb.conf

Dear all,
I just update the jitsi-meet to the latest version as the following:
ii jitsi-meet 2.0.5390-3
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4628-1
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4628-1
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4628-1
ii jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-416-g2f43d1b4-1
I can see that there is a new config file for jvb called jvb.conf. Inside this file I can see port 9090 and enabled websocket. My question is what 9090 port is reserved for? The websocket is now enable in parallel with XMPP server ? Can we make use of this websocket to emit and listen to some user-defined messages? If yes where can I check for some code-samples.
Many thanks

it’s the new format for sip-communicator.properties. As there is no migration tool, it’s used in parallel to the old format.

see here

it’s not used to replace bosh - xmpp websockets can be used too but it’s a different feature and it’s not the default as it’s not compatible with some clients.

I think it’s used for internal needs (updating the UI according to events for example). It’ best to stick to documented API IMO.

Dear gpatel-fr,
Thank you for your response. I have to study a little bit to really understand the link you sent to me.
By the way , I have another problem, after updating the jvb, I lost the colibri/stats link to the public IP of the JVB. With the private one it is still working (but if I replace localhost:8080/colibri/stats with [local IP]:8080/colibri/stats, I got Connection refused )
Please guide me to reactivate the collibri on the public interface
Many thanks

sorry, when I answer a specific question, I’m not doing a commitment to being your personal coach.

Dear gpatel-fr
Surely I didnot expect that either :-). I just continue the chat flow.
Thank you anyway for your answer
BR