Prosody "Error: Storage disabled"/"Error: No data storage active"

Hi

I have been struggling to get Prosody(in Docker and non-Docker Ubuntu 18) to register the Jibri user based on this guide(https://github.com/jitsi/jibri). I have tried updating both
Docker("/config/prosody.cfg.lua" and “/config/conf.d/jitsi-meet.cfg.lua”)
Non-Docker(/etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua and /etc/prosody/conf.d/mydomain.com.cfg.lua), as per the guide and tried setting storage = “null” and storage = “none”(here).

Prosody non-Docker: version 0.10.0
Prosody Docker: version 0.11.7

Error when “storage = null”:
When I run “prosodyctl register jibri internal.auth.mydomain.com mypassword” (updating “mydomain.com” and “mypassword” when running to match what is in the config file), I get “Error: No data storage active”.

Error when “storage = none”:
When I run “prosodyctl register jibri internal.auth.mydomain.com mypassword” (updating “mydomain.com” and “mypassword” when running to match what is in the config file), I get “Error: Storage disabled”.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi,
could you show us the configuration files: jibri.conf, sip-communicator.properties, yourdomain-config.js and prosody.cfg.lua.

Also the version of java and “finalize_recording.sh”

bye

storage = “memory” ?

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. What ended up working for me was setting storage to “memory” and upgrading prosody as described here: [How to] How do I update Prosody?.

Thanks everyone!