Problems with react-native-image-crop-picker and react-native-image-picker

Hello everybody!

Im facing some issue here when I try to accees Android files or camera (using those 2 lib mentioned on title).

I can make it work on iOS with react-native-image-picker, but on Android theres some config or something else that seems to not recognizing the lib and not allow me to pick some phone images or access the camera. I must do that to allow user to use an Avatar image to join the meeting in our private server.

Does anybody else faced some similar issue?

Regards.

Did you manually link them?

Yes I tried without success. Also tried some different libs, all gives the same error.

iOS works fine with react-native-image-crop-picker, but the same configuration doesnt work on Android, that seems to not recognize the lib or something like that.

What error?

The print shows the error after trying to manual linking (this error occurs on both libs, just changing the packages and stuff)…

The other lib (react-native-image-crop-picker) shows: null is not an object (evaluating ‘_reactNativeImageCropPicker.default.openPicker’). Event when I change the import to ImagePicker instead of {ImagePicker} or import * as ImagePicker.

Where did you add the package when manually linking? It needs to go here: jitsi-meet/ReactInstanceManagerHolder.java at 7208e781b3eb5a0a44fb0cd11fe0e4026ac0d028 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

We put the package on the manager (like other packages that are working like Lottie files), some example of the errors:

jitsi/meet/sdk/ReactInstanceManagerHolder.java:48: error: package com.imagepicker does not exist
import com.imagepicker.ImagePickerPackage;
jitsi/meet/sdk/ReactInstanceManagerHolder.java:76: error: cannot find symbol new ImagePickerPackage(),

You also need to add it to settings.gradle and sdk/build.gradle

I’ll add some instructions to the docs tomorrow.

Nice! Ill keen an eye on it and keep making some changes here.

Thanks for your patience!

Take a look: Developer Guide for Jitsi Meet | Jitsi Meet

1 Like

Really thank you saghul! When you answered yesterday we went for some more tries, and this morning we achieved our goals and put the image-crop-picker to work (we missed the build.gradle config before).

Thank you for your time and patience!

1 Like

I am having the same problem. However, I don’t have the ‘android/sdk’ folder. Under the android folder I just have app, build, gradle, .gradle, and .idea folders.

Any ideas? Are there manual link instructions for react-native-image-crop-picker?

That folder (android/sdk) is in the Jitsi Meet project, not in the project you want to add.

Ok, thanks