Problems with lastest version of Chrome?

Hello!

The question is simple and fast: Anyone experimented problems with the last stable version of Chrome (v.87.0.xxxxxx) ? This morning two users told me that had problems in a meeting (for example, no speaker) and they had to change to Edge to do the meeting.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, I am facing similar issues. Also opened a topic here

Until now, no idea what is the problem.

Same problem here, chrome 87 do not work.

Using :

ii jicofo 1.0-508-1 amd64 JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii jitsi-meet 1.0.4101-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.3729-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.3729-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.3729-1 all Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-videobridge 1126-1 amd64 WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

The problem is you are using jvb1. There was announcement more than one year ago, that people should update to the latest jvb2 because chrome is dropping DTLS1.0, google postponed it a little because of the pandemic, but I suppose it is gone now.

Hi @damencho, so, if I understood, if I make an upgrade of jitsi in my own server, problem solved?

How should be the upgrade, doing a sudo apt-get update jitsi?

Yep.

Looked up my notes, end of March; upgrade to videobridge2: ‘total nightmare’. Prepare for some time to make it work. If it’s possible for you do a snapshot or (better) a parallel new install.

Yeah, I can’t clone my own instance because Jitsi will not work (certificate problems of the domain), so, the only that I can do is make a new install on another instance for do the test.

Hi damencho. Today I wanna update, but doing a sudo apt-get update jitsi doesn’t work. Update command takes no arguments.

So, if I do a sudo apt-get update, jitsi (and videobridge, etc.) will be updated?

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade -d
apt-get upgrade

upgrade may be risky. Don’t do it without a plan B

Yeah, I did a mirror/snap/clone of the instance. I upgraded all, it works like a charm and now I’m doing test…

For your information:
Jitsi Meet => version 2.0.4548-1 upgraded to version 2.0.5142-1
Jitsi Meet Prosody => version 1.0.4074-1 upgraded to version 1.0.4466-1
Jitsi Meet Turnserver => version 1.0.4074-1 upgraded to version 1.0.4466-1
Jitsi Meet Web => version 1.0.4074-1 upgraded to version 1.0.4466-1
Jitsi Meet Web Config => version 1.0.4074-1 upgraded to version 1.0.4466-1
Jitsi Meet Videobridge2 => version 2.1-197-g38256192-1 upgraded to version 2.1-376-g9f12bfe2-1

Well, later of upgrade, I can’t access to a room. Appears this all the time

Looking the log, appears this:

WARNING: [12] org.jitsi.jicofo.FocusManager.log() No dedicated JVB MUC XMPP connection configured - falling back to the default XMPP connection
WARNING: [30] org.jitsi.jicofo.bridge.BridgeSelector.log() No pub-sub node mapped for jvbbrewery@internal.auth.midomain/hash

etc…

EDIT 2: Ok, reboot the server and it works fine. No problem