Problems for the new version of Jitsi Meet for IOS

Hello,

After upgrading the Jitsi-Meet IOS app to “22.5.1” we started to have problems in voice and video. Our version of the Jitsi server is 2.0.6433. Do you have any experience on this?

Regards,
Tufan

2 Likes

What kind of problems?

there is no voice or video while connected with the Jitsi IOS 22.5.1. But the other participants like Jitsi IOS 22.4.0 and PC users in the meeting can talk and see each other.

Can you reproduce that with meet.jit.si ?

I have exactly the same problem.
What has changed in the latest version of the iOS Application?
On meet.jit.si all is ok.

Lots of things have changed in a year, which is how old that release is. I’d need to check if we missed any backwards compatibility there, since we do like to keep it.

Is your deployment publicly available?

No.
Our jitsi server version - [2.0.7439]

@saghul @damencho, can u help with this issue?
iOS App version: 22.5.1
Jitsi Server version: 2.0.7439

No updates yet, sorry.

After update jicofo to 2.0.7648 no problem with iOS app. Have you turned off support for older versions?

Log on the previous Jicofo version:
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: SEVERE: Error creating offer
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: org.jitsi.jicofo.conference.UnsupportedFeatureConfigurationException: Participant doesn’t support bundle, which is required
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at org.jitsi.jicofo.conference.Participant.setSupportedFeatures(Participant.java:371)
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at org.jitsi.jicofo.conference.ParticipantInviteRunnable.createOffer(ParticipantInviteRunnable.java:330)
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at org.jitsi.jicofo.conference.ParticipantInviteRunnable.doRun(ParticipantInviteRunnable.java:198)
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at org.jitsi.jicofo.conference.ParticipantInviteRunnable.run(ParticipantInviteRunnable.java:174)
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
Sep 13 13:10:02 tmdoev01 jicofo: at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Not intentionally.

Do you have any plans to fix this?

Yes.

2 Likes

Can you write an approximate time when you plan to fix it?

No, I can’t.

by the way, is it possible to find the previos IOS app versions like 22.4.0?

Using testflight, yeah.

I’m not sure if it’s even possible in iOS app store(s) and on what kind of terms, but isn’t it the best thing to ‘update’ the app to the old version?

Lots of people are hurt by this update and while you figure out what went wrong perhaps you can supply the ‘working’ version again? Of course like I said I can not oversee everything which also means any bugs you fixed in the latest release, so perhaps it’s not possible, but it could save a lot of hassle for a lot of sysadmins who need to upgrade their platforms to the newest Jitsi version now. For example, there’s quite a lot of work on my side to update all platforms we maintain and test if every specific configuration works with the newest version again. Normally I would take a couple of weeks of testing a new release, but right now I’m kind of forced to skip the testing phase, hehe.

Anyway, just a suggestion, I know how hard these things can be and I also know I could have started the ‘upgrade’ of the server a couple of weeks ago already, but with summer and everything …

Sorry, that is not something we can do at the moment. What version of the server where you using?

Several versions, jitsi-meet 2.0.7439, 2.0.7001 and 2.0.6433. All not working as it seems.