Problems due to version upgrade of browser

I am sorry that the sentences are difficult to understand because I am translating Japanese into English with a translator.

I am using docker-jitsi-meet ver.5963.
The operating environment is
PC: OS → windows10, browser → chrome
Tablet: OS → android ver.10, browser → android webview

After chrome ver.96.0.4664.93, there is no video or audio.
A similar event is occurring in webview.
I think this is the case → Google Chrome (Version : 96.0.4664.93) - Conferences failed

As above, has there been a case in the past that it did not work due to the version upgrade of browser?
I would like to know when and in which browser it happened.

This is the problem. Chrome has deprecated Plan B and moved to Unified Plan. You need to update your Jitsi server to the latest version (or any of the last 3 preceding versions).

thank you.
Can you tell me about this as well? ↓

Has there been a case in the past that it did not work due to the version upgrade of browser?
I would like to know when and in which browser it happened.

You should probably read through that whole thread, you’ll find that Chrome’s version was not the issue the poster had, their Jitsi version was. Chrome v92 introduced some restrictions that impacted Jitsi, but there was an outcry and that change was quickly reverted by the Google team. I am not aware of any issues with Chrome v96. Ultimately though, in your case, the issue is definitely the version of Jitsi you’re running.

In the past, JITSI couldn’t be used twice due to a browser version upgrade. In the previous v92, it was supported on the Chrome side, but this time I understood that it is necessary to upgrade JITSI.
Correct?

Yes, this time you need to upgrade Jitsi

Please tell me another one.
Are there any plans to upgrade JITSI to Ver.up due to changes in Chromium in the future?

What do you mean?

The project constantly updates, and moves with the pace of the browsers. There are new versions every 4 weeks and we need to adapt with browser’s new features and browser’s new bugs. The project is not dead and we keep updating it every day.

1 Like

I’m sorry.
Are there any plans to change Jitsi due to the currently published Chromium changes?
Is it understandable?

What changes do you mean?

If you mean the PlanB change, we had moved to use the Unified Plan by default more than 6 months ago …

1 Like

Thank you for your advice the other day.

I updated to ver.6865 of docker-jitsi-meet.
I replaced the docker-jitsi-meet folder and stored the .env file used in ver.5963, but I can’t make a call while still “connecting”.
Can you tell me what to do?