Problem with Jibri - doesn't work

Hello,

first of all, it’s my first post in here, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. Problem is quite urgent, so I’m trying to make it up and running as soon as possible.

I’ve installed successfully Jitsi on my machine (Ubuntu 18) with JWT authorization. Everything is working fine. Now, I’ve wanted to add possibility to record meeting. I’ve installed Jibri and unfortunetly it doesn’t work. I’m running Jitsi and Jibri on the same machine behind firewall.

Here’s error from browser console:

I’ve read many posts and articles and I’m stuck.

Let me know, if you need any additional logs/infos. New users can attach only one photo.

Thanks for any help.

Please attach Jicofo and Jibri logs.

Here you go:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O8GllZSRK2qygTpAyyO9B5GCc1BQTzYg?usp=sharing

Do you have XMPP environments configured in Jibri? It needs to be configured so that Jicofo can see it. You’ll need to fill out this field in your jibri.conf.

Yes, here’s the config. Is it correct?

{
“recording_directory”:"/recordings",
“finalize_recording_script_path”: “”,
“xmpp_environments”: [
{
“name”: “prod environment”,
“xmpp_server_hosts”: [
“my_domain”
],
“xmpp_domain”: “my_domain”,
“control_login”: {
// The domain to use for logging in
“domain”: “auth.my_domain”,
// The credentials for logging in
“username”: “jibri”,
“password”: “my_password”
},
“control_muc”: {
“domain”: “internal.auth.my_domain”,
“room_name”: “JibriBrewery”,
“nickname”: “jibri-nickname”
},
“call_login”: {
“domain”: “recorder.my_domain”,
“username”: “recorder”,
“password”: “my_password”
},
“room_jid_domain_string_to_strip_from_start”: “conference.”,
“usage_timeout”: “0”
}
]
}

That was set before? I didn’t see any logs in Jibri about it successfully connecting to an environment. You should see something starting with:

org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.start() Connecting to xmpp environment on ...

Yes, this is my config and with this settings problem is occurring. I don’t know either what’s going on and where the problem could be.

I don’t know if it’s connected to the problem, but after executing command prosodyctl check some kind of error comes out:

Hey @bbaldino

I have the same problem but i can see this line in my jibri config.

org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.start() Connecting to xmpp environment on ...

But also my jicofo log says Unable to find an available Jibri error what should I do?

Maybe that’s stupid question, but do I need an extra subdomain for Jibri? What I mean, is that ‘recorder.my_domain.com’ DNS record is needed? Because Jicofo is trying to reach Jibri on that address, is my thinking correct?

No, I don’t think this is necessary…that’s just within prosody as far as I know. (@damencho can confirm).

Not sure about that, but I still think it’s problematic that Jibri doesn’t appear to be connecting to any environments. Can you do a ps and show the command that is being used to launch Jibri?

What else is in the log?

Here you go. All processes executed by jibri:

Can you paste the (censored) contents of your config.json and jibri.conf ?

Here’s jibri.conf. And by config.json, you mean this file, right?

These a virtual hosts in prosody, internal to the system and there is no need of DNS for those.

This is config.json, jibri.conf is the new config file (but config.json is still supported and takes priority). Are you sure that file is the same path you’re passing to Jibri when starting? Your logs said no xmpp environments were found from there:

2020-09-10 19:12:24.750 FINE: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.config.debug() FallbackSupplier: failed to find value via LambdaSupplier: 'JibriConfig::xmppEnvironments': org.jitsi.metaconfig.ConfigException$UnableToRetrieve$NotFound: Considering empty XMPP envs list as not found

Now I realized, that I had config.json in jibri.conf. I’ve changed it and now Jibri won’t start at all. Only info from Jibri logs is that Jibri is using config.json file:

2020-09-11 19:40:46.841 INFO: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.Main.handleCommandLineArgs() Jibri run with args [–config, /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json]

And process can’t start:

What is the exact location (path) of config.json now? And do you have a jibri.conf at all? I’d also try running /opt/jitsi/jibri/launch.sh on your own like the service does.