Problem installing prosody module

Hi!
I want to install prosody module mod_muc_max_occupants.lua, to manage limit users per room.
Link to module: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/resources/prosody-plugins/mod_muc_max_occupants.lua

Here what i do:

1. Copy file to /usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_muc_max_occupants.lua
  2. edit /etc/prosody/conf.d/jitsi.mycompany.cfg.lua

Component “conference.jitsi.mycompany.ru” “muc”
storage = “none”
–modules_enabled = { “token_verification” }
modules_enabled = {
“muc_max_occupants”;
}
3) systemctrl restart prosody

aaaaaand nothing happens, service loads with no error, but i dont see any buttons \ etc in my conference.

What buttons do you expect?

Any GUI setting to limit users in room. Because i didnt find this setting in config.
In discription of module it says “-- Configuring muc_max_occupants will set a limit of the maximum number”, but where should i set this “muc_max_occupants”?

Thanks a lot

@damencho Hello! Somehow I have the same problem with configuring that module. It feels incredibly awkward since I looked through any community post on this topic I could find. Can you please suggest anything? Prosody config, .log and .err log files are attached. prosody.err.txt (406.1 KB) meet.miem.hse.ru.cfg.lua.txt (3.0 KB) prosody.log on GDrive

Has anyone managed to resolve this? I am having the same problem, no errors in /var/log/prosody/prosody.err mentioning the module did not load, it just seems that it has no effect and more participants than my limit of 3 can connect.

Relevent parts of my /etc/prosody/conf.d/webmeet.login1.uk.cfg.lua file are below:

plugin_paths = { "/usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/" }
muc_max_occupants = 3
Component "conference.webmeet.login1.uk" "muc"
    storage = "none"
    modules_enabled = {
        "muc_meeting_id";
        "muc_domain_mapper";
        -- "token_verification";
        "muc_max_occupants";
    }
    admins = { "focus@auth.webmeet.login1.uk" }
    muc_room_locking = false
    muc_room_default_public_jids = true

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.

@GKevinGodwin610 Hi! I finnaly managed to figure out how to get this module working. It appears the thing was Prosody version. After I switch from 0.10 to 0.11 I had this module working just fine.