Prevent Toolbars and Information Pop-Up in Jitsi Meet

I would like to prevent remote events from causing the Information Pop-ups and Pushing the toolbars onto the screen so I can use the “clean” video on a large screen.
I can see in interface_config.js how to disable some of the causes, but I can’t find how to completely prevent it.
My intention would be to have this “clean” App run along-side the standard App for all other users.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, it seems to me you would need to build from the source at https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet. You can hide them with that config.js file and CSS but I guess it is not what you would want to achieve.

no, he doesn’t need to recompile, it’s just a setting to disable in interface_config.json

just remember to restart jitsi-meet service and that it will be overritten after an update

Exactly- You just need to edit interface_config.js.

Thankyou for your patience, I’m a live events guy trying to pivot to put food on the table, to say my coding rusty would be polite!
I’ve dug around in interface config.js and -config.js and had no luck finding the complete answer.
I’ve can see in developer tools that it all seems to sit under div class=“new-toolbox” but I’m not clear on how to prevent that being un-hidden be remote triggers like chat, hand-up etc. I don’t think I want to turn it off completely as I then can’t mute etc, but maybe that is ok as it’s only a presentation screen and I just do that in system preferences.

just diable notification/popup or how it’s named

(the whole COVID thing is getting old) I would like to disable notification/popup. I am now using the API, which is a lot better but I still can not hide “Participant Count” UI at the top or “Film Strip Button” to the side. I’ve tried CSS but it’s not working for me
#participants-count {
visibility: hidden;
Am I close?

there’s a parameter in interface-config.js

Could you please tell us what is this parameter’s name ? I can’t find it.

all depends on what you want to hide, you should read the file

I found them ! It wanted to disable in/out and « Moderator rights granted» messages. I set DISABLE_JOIN_LEAVE_NOTIFICATIONS and DISABLE_FOCUS_INDICATOR flags to true.