Port 10000?

Thanks a lot!!

I have a LB that exposes a single VIP and has two JVBs assigned below it.

Does anyone know how is the assignment or persistence of a client session with a JVB? By IP and source port?

If I have two JVBs exposed by the same IP and different ports 10000 and 10001, when establishing a session, how are the clients assigned?

In the event that one of the JVBs goes down, how are those connections reassigned? through statistics or metrics?

Thanks!!

Jicofo communicates with clients and jvbs and chooses a jvb and sends address and port to the client.

This is either jicofo can trigger a reload on the client or migrate the client to a new jvb or the client itself will reload and will be assigned a new jvb.

OK! Thanks a lot!! Your answers have helped me a lot.

Just one last doubt, in my intermediate balancer which assigns a public VIP for several JVBs (specifically 4) I have enabled a default session persistence / assignment called Source address, this means:

Also known as simple persistence, source address affinity persistence supports TCP and UDP protocols, and directs session requests to the same server based solely on the source IP address of a packet.

I understand this assignment would be correct since all the JVBs are accessible and synchronized. Another option would be to disable said persistence algorithm so that any member would assume any incoming request generating some “anomalous” or unexpected behavior.

I’m going to test and tell you

Thanks again!!

After trying all the options and using the same IP but different port in each JVB everything works correctly, however our telecommunications equipment forces us to use the same IP and the same public port for several JVB hosts facing the outside.

NGINX + PROSODY + JICOFO
Private IP: 10.X.X.4
Public IP: 89.X.X.19
Port: 443 access web + internal ports

JVB1: 
Private IP: 10.X.X.5
Port: 10000

JVB2: 
Private IP: 10.X.X.6
Port: 10000

Is there any configuration option in sip?
Will Jicofo handle this correctly?

@damencho any ideas??

Thanks greetings!!

There is no way to differentiate udp traffic other than ip address and/or port. From the description above, you need to drop one of the bridges and use only one in that environment.