Poor video resolution

Hi everyone.

With the new Jitsi installation installed, we have serious quality problems in the resolution of the video and especially when we share the screen, which becomes frustrating since it is unreadable.

Surely there is some configuration to solve, but I can’t know what it will be.

I will appreciate any input.

This is turned on by default (enableLayerSuspension: true): https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/0833f8c86771d233527d3b90598e4a0a85a43e5e/config.js#L190
But make sure you don’t have it explicitly disabled in your config.js

thanks for the input, but it’s still the same. I followed your suggestion but still with poor resolution.Captura de Pantalla 2021-09-14 a la(s) 15.49.22
I also did service restart after the changes

whatever service you did restart, it’s better to empty the cache on the browser(s) (for example Ctrl F5 on Firefox or Chrome). Check if the browser has taken in account your change by going to
yourjitsiurl/config.js

I have also deleted history, cookies, I have tried with other browsers and the story remains the same, any other ideas on how to resolve this issue of resolution?

Which browser is that?

I did tests with firefox and chrome

dear community, any ideas?

Can you share more details about your issue? Are you hosting your own server? If so, share details about your environment.

Jitsi is installed on an AWS EC2 instance, Sao Paulo region, which has a response of 60 ms.
The server has 2 vcpu and 4gb ram.
Ubuntu 20.04 operating system.

The browsers with which we have tested, Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge, both on mac and windows.

What’s the available server bandwidth?