PiPViewCoordinator is not a member type of JitsiMeet and many more in fresh build

I am not sure if this belongs here or in the Installation category. If I am in the wrong place please let me know and I will re-post in the correct place.
I have been trying to get an extremely simple sample setup with JitsiMeet on iOS and having an absolute nightmare. No matter what I do it will not build. I originally thought the problem was ‘Failed to load module JitsiMeet’ but that is the resulting issue I believe is caused by 11 other issues.
First the setup…

• Create a new project in xcode

• Set Enable Bitcode to No for project

• Enable Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries for project

• Build it, just to be sure it builds.

• Close xcode, open terminal, cd to project directory and run ‘pod init’
    open podfile and edit to read…

platform :ios, '12.0'

target 'JitsiMeetTest' do

use_frameworks!

pod 'JitsiMeetSDK'

post_install do |installer|

installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|

target.build_configurations.each do |config|

config.build_settings['ENABLE_BITCODE'] = 'NO'

end

end

end

end

• Save podfile, go back to terminal and run ‘pod install’

• After pod install finishes open up the new xcworkspace file in xcode

• Build the app.
    At that point 11 errors occur, all swift compiler errors, things like…

‘PiPViewCoordinator’ is not a member type of ‘JitsiMeet’

‘AnimationCompletion’ is not a member type of ‘JitsiMeet’

‘JMCallKitListener’ is not a member type of ‘JitsiMeet’

And more, all from the same file ‘x86_64-applie-ios-simulator.swiftinterface’
It won’t build, and I can’t figure out why. I have tried removing the ‘use_frameworks!’ from the podfile. I have tried in xcode 10 and xcode 11, neither works. I don’t know what to do, all I have done is literally installed JitsiMeetSDK with cocoapods and the app will no longer build. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I had the same issue today when I upgraded to Xcode 12, the issue is that the latest release is compiled with Swift 5.2.x I guess and Xcode 12 need binary with built with Swift 5.3. I have compiled it with Swift 5.3 using Xcode 12 and its working for me, you can also try my fork if it works for you. I will be using my own build until Jitis releases a latest framework compiled with latest Xcode. You can find my fork here.

That solution worked, though mine was because I was on xcode 11 and couldn’t update to xcode 11.4/11.5 due to my mac osx only being 10.14 and not 10.15.6. So I compiled the source with my xcode 11 and it finally worked.

Hi Pratik948, i am getting the same error after upgrading to xcode 12 can you help me with how to use this fork over email? my email id is rizulsharma16@gmail.com.

Thanks
Rizul

@Rizul_Sharma for using custom fork on CocoaPods you can simply define the link of your repo
pod ‘JitsiMeetSDK’, :git=> ‘https://github.com/Pratik948/jitsi-meet-ios-sdk-releases.git

Also there is no need for my fork to be used as Jitsi has released a new version of its framework built with Xcode 12 you can find that here.

To use latest version you can just specify it in your pod
pod ‘JitsiMeetSDK’, ‘~> 2.10.2’

Thank you so much, @Pratik948 for the information.

I think you need to do pod update from the command line after that? But thanks for this info.

@ile Yes you’re right but I just mentioned that if we need a specific version or above we can set version given in my previous comment and the mentioned version was of latest version of Jitsi SDK